Sunday, June 6, 2010

Quilt show



We had the quilt show on Friday and Saturday in Island city at The Place. It is just past our church on Cove Ave. this is a twin size quilt I made for the Challenge this year. We were to use black and white fabric with a color we drew randomly from a crayon box. This green is the color I chose.
I also had my Diamond in the Rough wall hanging in the show.
We were also in the Hog Wild parade advertising the quilt show. We dressed up as Miss Piggies. We were in pinks and lavenders. I wore a Betsy Ross costume. I figured patriotic was a good theme for the parade.

Carol and I went yard saling in the morning before the parade. I got a red tie and several old pins for more wall hangings.
After the parade we went to the Stake center to set up for a funeral. There were easily 400 people there. The service lasted 2 hours. They left for the grave dedication. They gave each of the wrestlers a rose to place on the casket. Bruce said it was very emotional. Afterwards they returned to the Stake center and we had the food ready for a reception and slide show. Two hundred people stayed for the reception. We had prepared for 150. oh well we will know to over prepare for the next funeral which will be this week.
We snuck away to a wedding reception at the Perrys. I loved the soft yellow color. Then we returned and cleaned up the at the Stake center.
We arrived home and I put my feet up. Bruce went over to another family to prepare thier funeral for this week. After that he got home and had to help some people passing through get lodging for the night as they ended up in the emergency room. Someone at the hospital knows his name as a bishop (it was not his month to be called but he did it any way, the Pettits have subbed for us a lot in December). He was home by 9, Andrew wanted him to read to him.
Bruce's eyes are flaming red. He is worn out. The end of the school year is a busy and time with meetings and evaluations for teachers and staff (45 on staff) and budget re vamps. He has two more weeks left. He said he is going to skip the the last school board meeting. What a long and busy day. I now have a testimony about people wearing themselves out in the service of the Lord. People ask us if we are going to travel and have fun. How do you explain to them our lifestyle of service?
We will travel to see the grandkids, but we have commitments to be here on week ends so we won't go far.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Are You Serious! said...

I love the crayon box idea!

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley