Friday, January 21, 2011

What I Did for Love



Here is the quilted Wall Hanging I am entering for the Arts East Exhibit in February. The theme is "What I Did for Love". We get full price this time. It is paper pieced with vintage charms on it, a watch face, a love bug pin, one of those American flag pins from safety pins, a life Scout pin, a key pin and key hole. I stitched Chocolate, family and service in the white spaces.

I also am just about finished my BOM (block of the month) Fairy Tales, one block to go. I am a year behind... I used as many buttons as I could find instead of sewing as I really like buttons. I need a mushroom button for Red Riding Hood. Click on the block to make it bigger and see if you can guess the Fairy Tale that goes with the block. It is a fun game!
Rose Red and Snow White, Red Riding Hood, the Brave Little Taylor, Jorinda & Joringel, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Rapunzel, the Frog Prince & Cinderella. I also need a shoe button for her block on the stairs. I am working on Rumpelstiltskin and then it will be finished. ta dah!

1 comment:

lindzandrob said...

Wow. I wish I had the patience to make quilts like this. I love them both!

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley