Sunday, September 27, 2015

ICU

   Arrived to find Bruce delirious, just moaning in pain. He hasn't eaten anything except pills in applesauce. They said he had physical therapy this morning and they want me to bring up his wrist brace. 
   His fever is gone, his bp goes up and down. They gave him something for the pain. The scan from yesterday showed nothing abnormal. 
   They explained the delirium like this to me; the antibodies are destroying the virus but the bugs being torn apart are producing another bug and that fighting that off produces the delirium. 
   He didn't want the sacrament when Bro Hawks offered it to him. 
If he doesn't improve they will move him to ICU for better observation.
  Now he is resting. I ate his soup and all the chocolate in the room. I am supposed to be fasting. I will read my book., A Slight Trick of the Mind.
   Bruce/dad is in ICU. When I left for dinner they were taking him in for an MRI. He was complaining of a headache. Apparently he was in the machine and started banging on it. It was too loud. He had earphones. They didn't finish the MRI.
   They moved him to ICU. I get to wear a yellow paper shield. Good thing I look good in yella.
  The nurse says he will get worse before he gets better. When he stabilizes they will move him to Boise for wound treatment. Apparently as the bacteria is destroyed the pieces give off toxins and that is what is making him sicker. (Did I tell you this already?)
  My head hurts. Will rest now and go back up in the morning.

1 comment:

janieorton said...

Karen, are you in Boise? We live in Meridian and have an extra bedroom & bathroom if you need it. Let us know what we can do. Janie Orton 208-888-9028

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley