Sunday, October 18, 2015

Family Visit

   My mother and sistah, Bonita and her lovely daughter came for a visit. It is what I needed. We went to cracker Barrel twice and Olive Garden once. Hog heaven, slurp, slurp.  And maybe we did some shopping. My 80 something mom got a coloring book with fashion designs in it. She already had colored pencils. Coloring is apparently the newest thing to distress. I showed her the Duolingo app for free for her iPad. She is learning Italian again. Our family was stationed in Italy when I was young and mom remembers some of it.
   Bonita brought me a recorder and book so will get busy on that. She wants the ukulele back, no problem man. I do not like to say good bye.
  Josie painted our toenails. Very comforting.

  Thank you Ortons for letting my family take over your basement,
 I went home for three days, paid some bills, cleaned the house and found some hand sewing projects to work on. And something new to teach Janie.

   Menu options in the cafeteria this week. Meals are $4 and the salads are great. Today the non patients had hot dogs and onion rings. Only thing offered. Not my favorite but I love onion rings.
  Looks like we will get to go home on Friday or Saturday, a couple of days early. They took him off the antibiotics. Bruce's kidneys are not doing something according to blood tests. The antibiotics he was on have that side effect. So if they are functioning properly we get an early out. 
  I am not looking forward to it. It will mean Duncan and I will have to do the turning every two hours. I need my sleep. Maybe I will sleep on the couch. Andrew might take a night too so that will help.
  Otherwise the wound is healing and is healthy. He has lost almost all movement in his legs. He needs to be ranged twice a day. We will do that at home as I will help to do it. 
  It is raining. The earth is getting cleansed. I am taking a nap.

1 comment:

GeorgAnna said...

Glad you get to go back home. Isn't it great when family comes? Not good about Bruce's leg movement. Back to page one? Love you

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley