Sunday, December 20, 2015

All Clear on the Wound

Monday -  Last time to wound Dr, yeah, will begin pool time in January.
Bruce took us to dinner at Golden Crown. We got Chinese and he gets Thai food and no dishes to wash. Andrew says he can cook dinner like that any night he wants.
  Tuesday was a hospital scan of his kidneys. One of the side effects from the antibiotics is damage to the kidneys. They found out he had a UTI so meds for that. Haven't heard result of scan yet.

  Thursday- Believe it or not I went out in this nasty cold, snowing weather to the UFO group and Teija was there with Carson, her young son! Yeah! She is sewing a surprise quilt. Ann was helping her. Carson and I ate cookies. 
I got some blocks sewn together, will have to add a couple of borders. 
  They are almost finished with greenwood school addition. the lights are on, cabinets in. And plumbing and painting done. It is looking good, supposed to be finished by Christmas break so they can move into the classrooms.
 I went to the QQ quilt group Christmas party and potluck last night. I took a strawberry pie, it was good they only ate half so I had a piece or two today. We did a pattern exchange. Eww, I don't like mine. Maybe I will trade with someone.
  I have to purchase a new sewing machine. The motor on my old one died and he said they don't make replacement parts for it as it is 10 years old. Rosala says to go three times and sew on the machines there before I decide what I want. Haven't had a car in a while and today went sewing, maybe Saturday I will stop in with a block or two.

Friday - 
I am sewing a baby quilt for a little girl. The fabric has owls with pink, brown, green, yellow and turquoise. It is cute. I think I want to keep it...
We went to the ward Christmas party. We left early when Santa came. We had ham and funeral taters, pink salad and cookies for zert. I loved the Frosty the snowman song Sara and Lindy sang. They knew all the verses.
The boys are going to see the Star Wars movie tonight. I like the quiet.
   Our regular worker wanted an evening off and the sub got sick so called one more person. So happy she could come, I needed her and she was a trooper. (bowel care problem) I couldn't do this without our caretakers. 
The new freezer arrived. Our old one was over 30 years old. We got our money's worth from it. We borrowed Kevin's truck and picked it up and Kevin hauled the old one away. Kevin mud and taped the hole in the wall the electricians left. And his lovely wife sent over jams, jellies and delightful cookies. 
Ellen stopped over with a basket (for me) filled with bread, cookies fudge and candy.
Chris brought over some homemade bread.
We learned about Temperance in church, something about controlling our appetites, will have to work on that after the holidays...






 

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley