Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Father's Day

Summer time and the living is easy
I picked raspberries and ate them. Bruce says I need to pick more. I'll be glad when he can do it himself. He says he can pick half a gallon a day.
I feel like I've just been helping Newt all week. The back yard is beginning to look nice.
He wants to clean up the garage for Bruce so that will be the next project. That's fine with me if Bruce helps him. 
I mixed up some lemon poppyseed muffins for breakfast and forgot to put the oil in. So had to dump the mix back into the pan, throw away the gooey liners and then refill new ones. They tasted just fine, warm, sweet and tangy.
Will have to plant my sunflowers when the rain lets up.
Must go grocery shopping and walk the dog.
Fathers Day - Didn't do much for Bruce today. I bought him a nice short sleeve shirt and he ordered himself some new pants with zippers. The Velcro pops open when he is in therapy. So hopefully they will work and we will order him a couple more pairs. 
I did cook a roast, smashed some taters and a simple green salad. The men like the meat and taters. Trying not to do desserts.
The netting is up and we bought bark mulch for the re psycho center. (Recycle) Newt brought over plants, maters and peppers from his hothouse and we have a pot of onions. Ready for salsa!




No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley