Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Leaps and Bounds

Bruce is improving by leaps and bounds, one week he shuffle walked for four feet the next he is up to ten feet using a walker with assistance! His left leg is really responding. 
 He works very hard and is exhausted after therapy. 
  Bruce and Duncan went to the two year check up in Walla Walla. I was sick, flu stuff. Dr. Marsh is concerned about Bruce's kidneys. Apparently spinal cord patients end up with kidney failure as using a urinal doesn't completely empty the bladder and that puts pressure on the bladder so he suggests Bruce use a catheter three or more times a day. Insurance will continue the payments for therapy as long as Bruce continues to improve.
   This week Bruce will meet with Dr. McCarthy and get info on self catheters. This should help decrease the number of times Bruce uses the urinal. 
  Another side note, we spent one of the settlements we received! Yeah! We bought cemetery plots and caskets! So that is all arranged. Bruce got the cheapest metal casket, who cares what it looks like it is going in the ground and I got the next level up in green. It costs $500 for them to dig a hole with a machine. We have six sons we figure we will save money and have the boys dig the hole for us... Just kidding. And they charge extra, $250, if you are buried on a Saturday. Just some snide political comments. 
 I have been sick for two weeks with achy shoulders, sore throat, runny nose, stuffed up dose and a cough. I'm worn out. I have arranged to go away to my friends cabin for two days in two weeks, she has a long arm quilting machine we will play with. Hope the weather is good. She will pamper me and cook for me and I will see and veg and sit with my feet up and most important I will sleep and sleep. 
  Newt finished a grow box for Bruce. It will be ready for spring next year.
The YW from second Ward raked and bagged our leaves for us. Thank You! 

2 comments:

lindsy said...

He is using a walker?! Wow! That's amazing progress!
Your cabin time sounds wonderful. Can I come?! :)

angela said...

This is such good news. Faith and persistence pays off. and your get-away sounds like such a good idea. I find that 3 hours a week works wonders for me. Changes my whole attitude, knowing I can escape for a bit if I want to. Stay happy

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley