Tuesday, May 12, 2009

SUU Ballroom Dance Company

Last Thursday night we watched the SUU Ballroom Dance company perform. I saw them in the morning at Greenwood School. I graduated from SUU back when it was SUSC. I sewed the Elvis costume for them that morning.
They performed to songs we knew. They did the hustle to "Shake Your Grove Thing" from the Goofy movie. They wore white pants and vests with a black shirt. Also performed was the ever familiar "Singing in the Rain" as a Foxtrot with umbrellas and yellow raincoats and the dresses looked like rain under the raincoats. They did the cha cha to "Die another Day" with that 007 man, with red light and silhouettes. A fun song they did was a fifties swing dance to "Swinging at the Savoy" from "The Other Side of Heaven". Andrew liked the nerds doing "I'm Too Sexy for Your Shirt", a line dancing type of dance where they knocked each other down. They did a waltz to "Moon River" and a Viennese Waltz to the "Harry Potter Waltz", they looked like they were floating. I loved the Paso Doble from "Zorro". I want some red/black dresses like the ones they used with a white ruffle shirt for Bruce. It was an invigorating night!

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley