Saturday, August 22, 2009

Estate clothing

My friend gave me 6 black garbage bags filled with clothing. They had put her sister in a nursing home and were cleaning out the house. She had a bright red/blue clown costume, a white apron, and several Eastern Star formal dresses made from polyester. She said she had paid $200 for some of the dresses. They will make nice prom dresses or Titanic dinner dresses, sz 14-18.
There were two Pendleton wool ponchos in a brown plaid and a blue plaid, both with fringe. I took the pockets off and I think they will be perfect for period clothing and warm too.
There was one milk maid costume from the colonial period that will be nice to have.
There was a crop top in big red/blue flowers, I'm thinking 1980's.
Also a green polyester short sleeve turtleneck with matching mini skirt and hot pants, maybe a cheer leader outfit?
There was a blue mid calf, fur collar coat with big buttons, definitely 1950's. LOL
And the best of all was a leather jacket, mid- calf length, sz 15/16. Just wish I could fit into it!
The clothes smelled musty and stale from being in a closet so I am letting some air outside while the weather is nice.
I will take some of the clothes to a vintage clothing store in SLC in Sept. to trade for other clothing for the costume shop. He has good junk there.

1 comment:

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Great find and great friend to send it your way! :)

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley