Sunday, September 6, 2009

school starts

I made five tree skirts for the Oz play. There were a couple of costumes that didn't get finished. Maureen will finish those next week. We had good reviews of the play. We went opening night and it was fun. I loved the crows with their sunglasses. I loved the apple hats on the apple trees.
Andrew is in school and loving it. He has PE everyday. He loves his Science teacher, Mr. Mays.
Bruce is home sick with a fever. He said they sent 12 children home on Friday with a fever, he figures he has what they had.
I found two bow ties, two pair long white gloves, two boater straw hats, some purple gingham fabric and several yards of bright orange fabric at yard sales this week end.
I even did some canning this week. I canned about 8 quarts on Monday and another 6 on Tuesday. Bruce is drying a lot of the peaches and he canned quart size jars of tomato sauce.
We are grateful for our garden.

1 comment:

Are You Serious! said...

Alright Karen we need pictures!!! :)

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley