Monday, March 1, 2010

Service

We have spent a lot of time this week serving others. Bishop says our job is not to sensationalize, it is to comfort the living. Elaine's daughter died this week too. She had been suffering from cancer. It doesn't look like they will have a funeral for either one.
Pres. Orton said in our Ward conf we need to minister to our neighbors and in our church callings.
Saturday morning we went to two of Andrew's bb games. They won both. Saturday afternoon I made visits and stayed an talked to people. I usually don't do that, always in a hurry to do something else. It was pleasant to sit and chat with friends. I took onions to some elderly people, returned two dishes and rescued my friend from a stranded car in the Bi Mart parking lot.
I came home feeling like I had accomplished something.
I need to empty boxes and clear out the living room for a lunch group on Friday. Should I do that or taxes?

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley