Sunday, June 7, 2015

Family Visit

    My sisters and mom came to visit! 


    They took us to dinner at Golden Harvest. 


They left too soon. We had some retail therapy at Bealls and then lunch at Taco Time. My sister, Bonita sings in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Robin is visiting from Virginia. My mom is older (86) and wants to be reassured we are doing okay. I gave them the tour of the new kitchen and they were pleased. We went to sing to my friend in the hospital. We sang I am a Child of God to cheer her up. I am always talking about my sistahs and she was happy to meet them.
   Bruce has a UTI, (look it up) we were able to confirm with a sample and the kind Dr. called in an antibiotic prescription for us. I hope they don't get tired of us. 
    Bad news on the remodel, we ordered two kinds of tile for the backsplash and only one kind was sent so we are on hold til Tuesday. Sigh, I asked them to empty their horses and trim from the garage so I can park my car in there and to finish the backdoor exit so Bruce can go sit on the deck. He loves to be outside. They acquiesced. 
    Rosala and Debbie brought a yummy crock pot meal, barbecued chicken with tons of delicious tater salad and a huge chocolate cake with Oreos, chocolate syrup, and butterscotch syrup, needless to saw we enjoyed it!
     Bruce made dinner on Thursday, sloppy Joes. He is excited to use our new gas stove. He didn't need much help, just getting things out for him.
    At therapy this week Bruce was able to stand and hold 130 pounds of his weight himself. They figure by the end of summer he should be able to stand by himself.
    They also had him sit on a giant ball in a corner teaching home to balance. They had four people helping him. We shoulda got that on film!
   The lawn mower is fixed and Andrew was excited to mow the back yard. Not! Our neighbor had mowed the front for us without being asked. What a kind thing to do. 
   Duncan has been LARPing this weekend. Live action role play at the 4 H center. He comes home sweaty and tired. It gets him out of the house. He had a costume from our basement. He said they had bandits for dinner and troll ear stew (beef stew). They meet twice in the summer. 
    Andrew worked for Kirkhams helping to take down fence posts and put in new ones. He came home sweaty too.
   On Saturday our friend Kevin came over to spray the cherry trees. He also set up the well to water the garden. I planted spinach and lettuce in the tall planter made for Bruce. We removed one board so he can get at it. He said he will thin the spinach and lettuce. Apparently I planted them too close together.  Hmmm 
  Saturday we took it easy, Bruce was worn out from therapy, tired neck and shoulders. I put a hot rice bag on his neck and it was too hot and there is a small burn mark on the back of his neck. My bad. So fire me. Bruce says it's not going to happen. Will have to think of something worse to do...
   

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley