Sunday, June 28, 2015

Manual Wheelchair Ordered

   Pool time on Monday was full of new things for Bruce to try. He was asked to march in place and Bruce was able to pick up his feet about four inches. Then bicycling in place. And finally he walked on his knees in the water along the side of the pool.
      I began a Zumba gold class (over 50, I know I am only 49 but she made an exception for me, wink wink). Tuesday we fixed the marvelous chicken tortellini soup my DIL, made for us. Thank you Lindsy! It was marvelous! 

     On Wednesday Bruce had a tube put in his ear. He said the pain killer shot hurt. (Oxymoron?) He said he can hear better now. The tube they inserted will last six to 18 months. He still might need hearing aids. We almost decapitated him getting into the van. He had lifted his chair so the ear Dr could work on him, he sat up after the procedure and we forgot to lower the chair so when he got into the van his neck and head were torked around. Ouch!
   Rosala and Debbie brought over dinner, Debbie made fruit salad, and banana bread brownies with icing and Rosala baked up some fish the twins had caught on their coast trip. With rice and veggies we ate really well.
     Thursday I skipped Zumba to go to Athena to a quilt class with seven other quilting friends. We learned a couple of new quilting tips, had lunch out and kept sewing. In the afternoon we got hot, no air conditioning except for fans. I was a good girl and only bought enough fabric to finish this project. We stopped at DQ on the way home to get some ice cream to cool us off. Now my bad.

   Bruce was measured for a manual wheelchair! Yeah! That is a BIG step. It will increase his upper body strength. It is an ultra light chair, weighing only 50 pounds. It should be here in a month. The OT writes a prescription, the DR okays it, SAIF sends it to a committee and it is ordered.  The chair is the same high school royal blue as his motorized wheelchair and the arms lift up so he can do slide board transfers. A. If step to increase upper body strength.
   Our friend Amy brought over barbecued chicken pizza and cake mix dessert with chocolate chips and fresh fruit. We sure love the pizza and zert!
      Friday was very hot, no air conditioning. Lotsa fans a blowing. I made ice cream with fruit, we had it for lunch and dinner, a new diet for hot weather I am trying...
   Saturday Carol took me to the farmers market and I purchased some baguette bread, thought I might have to knock a couple of people off but got the last loaf! I scored some home made rolls with sesame seeds too and I bought a couple of cucumbers. Later Carol brought over left over chili. 
    That is the latest from Camp Kevan be gone.
    

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley