Thursday, March 30, 2017

March Days

March 8
The OT ladies came yesterday to see our routine at home and make suggestions so Bruce can do more for himself, which means more work for me. we changed out the long body pillow and he is supposed to do as much as he can to roll over at night, so I have to wait for him to do his changes then I assist. I still have to get up to put water in the sleep machine and Duncan gets up to help too. It's an insurance thing, if they think he is not progressing fast enough they will stop therapy. So the OT have to make a report that he is more independent otherwise no $ for therapy. It would be our worst nightmare if that happened. Bruce really needs the sessions, he gets depressed it he is not busy. 
   I found a new book series called the Sisters Grim, seven books, juvenile fiction, they read pretty fast but are fun fairy tale detective stories.
I finished two small lap quilt tops, need to get them quilted. One is umbrellas for the library theme in April and the other is a challenge quilt from our group. Need to begin a log cabin quilt, maybe.
 
March 17
Thank you for the apple pie! It looks lovely. Duncan says he likes your crust better than Kaufmans! That is a compliment. An no he did share...
I went tanning again today for 7 min. Andrew says I am still pasty white.
I went grocery shopping this afternoon.
I took a long nap yesterday. 
Bruce has a sore on his nose from the breathing mask.
Andrew rolled his ankle at bb last night. He is alright.
Looks like I will fly from Boise to SLC by myself. Ben didn't want to pay $600 for tickets for the three of them. I'll meet my sistah and mom in SLC and fly from there. We will have fun, be loud and eat way too much.
Just found out Rob and Lindsey are going to have baby 5! Yeah in October.
Dan and Heidie texted a photo, they will have girl #3 in August.

March 22
The Dr. has okayed Bruce to drive, so we will go to Boise this summer to get the van changed over. Looks like Duncan will be out of a job soon. He will have to decide where he wants to go, Portland area, Utah or back to school.
   They just road swept the road in front of our house for gravel. I love it when they do that and the van was gone so it will be nice. 
Guess I better put some clean clothes away. I already did my dishes

March 23
I'm having a difficult time being positive so I googled things to be grateful for.

Things to Always be GRATEFUL for every day

Family and friends
A roof over my head
Drinkable water
Food to eat
Good health
The kindness of strangers
I can enjoy the small and free pleasures of life.
Access to the Internet.
The setbacks that have formed me and made me stronger.
Life 

Okay so that list wasn't long enough, I have modified it to fit me. Of course I alphabetized it, it is the English teacher in me... I would suggest making your own list. 
  Things I am Thankful For 
"I have loved only one man with a passion a flea like you could never imagine." From Second Hand Lions
Children - I have raised seven children, six sons, including one set of twins and a strong daughter.
My family - three sistahs, one brother
I have a college degree
I taught high school English for two years.
My parents are still alive
Air conditioning
Art
Bed to sleep in
Books
Breathing fresh air
Campfires
Cars
Cell phones 
The setbacks that have formed me and made me stronger.
Electricity
Food
Freedom of religion
Freedom of speech
Friends
Flush toilets 
Good health
Hearing
Holidays
Internet
The kindness of strangers
Laughter
Life
Military 
Modern medicine
Money in the bank 
Music
Oceans
Pets
Rainbows
Reading
Roof over my head
Safety and security
Sunset 
Sunshine
Tears
Drinkable water
The weekend

March 27
I just got another tan. I will slowly increase my time. I love going there.
 Ben and family left this morning. He texted Saturday they would be here Sunday. I miss the noise and chaos. I will try to keep the rooms clean so they can come and stay with us again. They all stayed in the front room. We had a sleep over. We rearranged furniture again. And vacuumed.
They will be in SLC tonight. They said they would try to get to see mom. 
Don't know how many days they will be there, they are staying with Rob and then off to Arches Park.
Cutthroat Scrabble 

Ben reading reading Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox to get the little ones to get them to quiet down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know there are tough things and tough times, but to an outsider reading this, you have a very blessed and beautiful life, in so many ways. I know it would be lovely to be able to sleep all night through! I know it's different from your plan for this time of your life. Somehow, that always seems to happen. =)

I've come to like pasty white myself. LOL I hope quilting figures into your summer plans. Congratulations on the new expected family expansion!

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley