Sunday, April 15, 2018

Sunday Morning

  I am back to writing. I am exhausted from caring for Bruce. I have anxiety, sleep deprivation and other things I don't want to talk about here. I do take time for myself, I give service, I went to a therapist, I just need uninterrupted sleep for a month...

We had the renovators in to put cabinets in the pantry and a desk/work area for Bruce.


It is really nice. I want to caress the wood just like I do my fabric.
   I went on a three day staycation quilt retreat at a local hotel with a hot tub with a friend. I sewed three tops, ate out, slept in, exercised and talked with friends. Does that rhyme?
This is the center of a pink quilt. I cut it out wrong, so I redesigned it. ahem

This is a giraffe wall hanging, which I don't like and will turn into a baby quilt and donate to charity. I do love the fabric.

This is a BOM, block of the month put together with a BQ setting. My friend, Rosala says I need to add 3 more blocks to make it bigger. 
Go away, Rosala.

  Bruce is improving daily. His spirits are up. He used arm braces in the pool to stand and sit, no walking yet. He is talking about going to Colorado to get some robot legs. We are not sure he will need them, he will confer with the Dr in Tri Cites at the end of next month.
 
 We have hired through private pay another gal, so I only work every other week end. This is helping. It is the 2 am turnings and anxiety that gets to me.
   
I entered 3 fabric art items for the Arts East exhibit this month.
 'Heart Puns', black heart, broken heart, etc.

This is 'Bruce's Garden'

This is 'Trauma', the shirt was cut off Bruce when he went in the hospital. They gave it to me before he left in the helicopter, neither of us can remember what he was transported in. ahem it has a couple cards from friends, a joke, and spirit prayers from our friend Pat who is Native american. He always wore his sleeves rolled up, ready for action.

This is the back side of the shirt. It has photo prints on fabric of the ex ray of his neck, the newspaper article, a joke. It is a good show 10 - 4, M-F. at the old library. 
No, this wasn't healing for me, cathartic, the shirt had been in the basement for 3 1/2 years, I will do something with the blue jeans next year. I'm thinking I need one of those bizillion $$ embroidery machines to create the next work of art... 

   I have signed up for two quilt retreats at Wallowa Lake in June and Sept. I doubt I will get much sleep there...
 My sistahs are both losing weight, I do not want to be the fattest of them all so I am going to the Diet Doc tomorrow for a consultation.
 
   We are improving, we are grateful for family, friends, neighbors, and community.
 
 

2 comments:

Rob said...

I love you Mom. I feel the blessing of the sunshine too. Every year.

Susan said...

Yeah. Catharsis is over-rated. I'm glad the sun was finally shining, and you got to go to a retreat recently! Doesn't matter if it's raining during those! Beautiful cabinets, by the way.

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley