Sunday, April 22, 2018

I Love the Sunshine!

What a difference the sunshine makes! I feel alive again.

We began the week with accidents that include washing the sheets daily and one mid day change.
I am grateful the ladies come M- F and every other weekend.
  Tuesday was Lunch Bunch with four friends at Jax Dog. I had the black bean soup and homemade bread. I don't see how they make it with their limited selection, beet salad or baked yam does not appeal to me.
  Wednesday was Quilt Questors meeting and I showed off the three quilt tops I worked on on my retreat stay cation.
   Duncan traveled to visit 3 community colleges and stayed with his older bro Ben. Ben and Lindsey offered him their "spare om" for 2 years so it looks like he will be headed that way. He will look for a temp job here and if that doesn't pan out he will head to Corvallis for a job and drafting school in the fall.
 We went to the Central fundraiser for dinner Thursday evening and I had loaded baked potato soup and Bruce had the chili. Andrew went to Wendy's for a burger and fries. ahh youth
 I signed up for a Dresden plate quilting class on Wednesday. I've always wanted to do that quilt so this will encourage me.

  My friend Rosala and I went to Cove to the Shabby Shic shed. (say that fast 7X) We took the long way around, ahem we missed a turn, twice... I did purchase a couple of salt shakers on bamboo for planter stakes, a wooden box for the front door and this most wonderful, marvelous, can you guess? YES! an old window frame with diamond panes. I will create a matching quilt for our spare om! I love it! Or I might just get lazy and display old fam photos...
  Saturday I took Bruce to Grandescapes for 5 blueberry plants. I copied the planter there and purchase 3 items for a planter in the back yard. On to D&B for fertilizer and a grape vine trellis. No luck, so I hauled Bruce to Bi Mart and we decided their trellis is too flimsy. I did purchase a scales to weigh my food. I am exhausted and worn out. Clamping and unclamping Bruce leaves me tired, mean and grumpy, well worse than usual...
  I will go grocery shopping, get gas in the van and get a second wind to purchase fabric for the class on Wednesday.
  Sunday was church for 3 hours, you would think we would be perfect with all the church going we do... alas i need to stay here and keep Bruce in line.
  He came home from all day meetings and wanted me to smell him. I politely declined. He next asked Andrew and the child, I mean young adult, laughed at him. No thank you dear, just stay home. There was no time to change him, so we waited for our ever faithful home care providers. Did i tell you how happy I am they come?
 I hear Darth Vader in my bedroom, that means the sleep mask has once again become dislodged from his handsome face.
  That's all from Lake Kevan begone, have a pleasant week.

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley