Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Goodbye October

Notes from last week Nov 1 - 8


Sunday - Nov. 1st - Ended up going to the ER this morning. The wound vac sponge came out. 
They taught me how to secure the patch when it leaks, add more tape and this putty stuff. But the sponge on the wound came out and I don't know how to do that. This trip was only an hour and a half. So got out of there in a timely manner for ER. We knew two of the nurses and a Dr. from church so that was nice. 
The good thing is they called our wound nurse and she said to stop using the wound vac and they just put a big bandage on it! Yeah! We will see her tomorrow for our weekly visit.
  The sun is shining, must be time to got to sleep in the sunshine, like Garfield. Couldn't face going to church for the last hour. Well meaning people ask how Bruce is and we tell them we are getting stronger. Some days are difficult, some days are easier. 

Tuesday - Andrew raked leaves for us. They are in piles, Duncan say he would move them, he didn't say when.
I did some sewing today. I feel like I have accomplished something when I can see it in my hand, cleaning and cooking are fleeting and my quilts seem to last longer.
Might go to the FHC depends on how Bruce is doing and if I need to get away.

Wednesday - Andrew made sketti and meatballs on Tuesday. He cooked the sauce down. He didn't ask about adding spices, so we talked about that. He likes to do things on his own. He said it would have been nice to know while he was cooking. It is hard to know when to tell him things sometimes he wants help and other times 

 Thursday - Went with Carol last night to the Potters House open house. Got some huckleberry syrup for tomorrow and a birthday yearly calendar hanger for all the grandchildren. Janie Orton had one and I thought it was a fun idea.
  Walked the dog, read a conference talk.
Bruces toenail came off. I hate looking at it. We soak it in Epsom salt, lavender scented. It is supposed to be soothing.
 Our morning helper was sick so asked Greg to come over. He has to get a ride because he is not driving because of his sleep problems.
   Poor Duncan discovered a piece of Bruce's poop on the shower floor. It happens. He tells me so I can clean it up and he says he is officially switching bathrooms now. Give me strength.
Guess I better clean bathrooms today.
Got out twice today. Went to Norco for more bandages and then Safeway.  Duncan wants to cook hamburgers and tater tots for dinner tonight. So had to get buns and tots and donuts, since it is national donut day. 
Went to a RS Presidency meeting. It lasted nearly an hour, it is good to think if there are other people I can help. And then figure a way. 
Tomorrow morning is a pancake breakfast for the VT sisters. I got some huckleberry syrup to take.
Bruce is at the Dr with Duncan, so will finish my book.
   The lord must have heard me whining. Christie and Fred Nelson brought over dinner tonight, tacos from la Fiesta, it is taco night. She always says tell us what you need and I say we are fine and dinner is what we needed. I don't like asking people to do things for us. I am not sure what we need. Just TLC., most days.
   The boys did rake some of the leaves, one more time and it will be done. It is good for them to do it.
 Jean Secl called and she will pick me up for pancakes tomorrow. I told Christie and she might come. She has done Bruce's HT route and Rick Isaacson's route with her husband and hasn't had time to her VT.
   I vacuumed today and wiped down the frig, oven and dishwasher. I am glad I did as Christie's house is always seems to be spotless. I changed the sheets on the bed. Then when she called and said they were coming over, I whirled around the house and put a lot of things away. That is one way to get it picked up. What do I do with my piles?

Saturday - Went to stake conference last night. Bruce spoke for 15 min. He stayed for the whole meeting so got him to bed late. There was a couple that spoke who went to West Virginia Charlestown mission. She made 5000 cookies to take to people and he did four times that in curly ribbons to put on the cookies. They were a team. They were fun. Andrew brought home a big bag of individual size chips left over from dinner. All the sub sandwiches were gone by the time he got there.
Will get Bruce up and do it again. He is not speaking in conference today. 
  Will put a roast in the crock pot so it will be ready when we get home.

  I went to three church bazaars yesterday with my friend Carol. I got some candle soaked pinecones from the Christian church, some green, warty looking Osage oranges that keep spiders away, you put them by outside doors and under beds from the Methodist church and some donut holes from the Presbyterians. We ate taco soup, Carol had the chicken polenta soup with the Methodists, although the turkey noodle soup sure smelled good at the Christian church, and the homemade donuts were worth getting out of bed to bring home. They were individual bites of soft sweetness. The green pepper jelly was gone. It is good over cream cheese with cracker dip or on meatballs. Will have to get there earlier next year. She said it goes the first hour. I think we might have some in the basement will have to look for it.
Will go to more bazaars next week.
It is cold and windy here. 
 I did cut out some fabric squares yesterday. 
  Bruce's big toe is looking a lot better, we are still soaking it twice a day. The Dr. says it will grow back. I think I will take Bruce there every other Wednesday to get his toenails clipped so I don't cause any more infected toenails. It is only a 15 min. visit. The Dr. sure gets people in and out of there fast.
  We paid our taxes for another year. 
  One of our caretakers, Sheila said there is a business in town that will come in and vacuum out the heating ducts. Every time the heat comes on we both start sneezing and getting watery eyes, so will look into that tomorrow or see if the boys will do it for me. Some of the vents are difficult to get off. I remember I vacuumed the ducts when we first moved here 28 years ago. 

  Please forgive me if I do not invite you in for a visit. Some days are harder than others. Bruce would talk to everyone. I just want to curl up in the fetal position.
Thank you for your tender mercies and kindness. 

1 comment:

Rob said...

Keep going strong mom. We're rooting for you and praying for you. I'm glad Dad's toe is getting better.

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley