Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Notes From Last Week

   Some notes from last week.
Went to sacrament meeting, there was a young man doing his farewell. He is going to Texas, Spanish speaking. A good sacrament all three talks based on 1 Nephi 3:7.
Some priests brought us the sacrament. Should be the last time, hopefully will come home tomorrow. 
The pic line is out, the catheter is out. We are unhooked and approved to come home in our van. Our new wound vac is ready to be a attached.
Duncan said they helped for about an hour yesterday moving a family into a house. 

 Getting tired of sitting, will go for a walk.

Monday - Bruce will sit up some, he can feel when he needs to change positions so that helps.
Duncan will do the 2:00 time and Andrew said he would do the six to get used to getting up early. I will help and go back to sleep.
Still have some unpacking to do and have to get meds for Bruce tomorrow.
Don't have anything planned tomorrow so that will be nice.
Some friends from church brought us a meal tonight, that was very helpful.
I  know I will do better with more sleep. Haven't slept well trying to remember everything.
Going to get ready for bed.

Tuesday - can't find the charger cord for the dang wound vac. Will call the hospital and see if they have an extra one til we get one here. Bah humbug. We think we left it plugged in the wall as the vac is attached to Bruce's chair. 
Still tired didn't sleep well, feel better though, just being home. Will nap this afternoon.
Will have to get Bruce to use the urinal every two hours til he gets more control because he had the catheter he needs to relearn.
The boys were happy to see us. The meal was wonderful we had a sit down meal.
Have to go grocery shopping, walk the dog and pick up meds at rite aide.
Then a nap. But can't leave until someone is awake to help keep an eye on Bruce.
Waiting for a call from SWIACH to see if they can find the cord and mail it. 

We have rain coming this week. 
Will have to get my sewing machine repaired. Sewing keeps me from feeling sorry for myself when it rains or maybe I will just read a murder mystery. Buying fabric helps too.

This morning is awful. Bruce had blood in his stool from the bowel care and the bandage for the wound came off. The blood was bright red so we figure it is the hemorrhoids. Hope to get to the wound dr at the hospital today. I covered the wound with a patch but the wound is seeping because the vac isn't on it. Bruce is sleeping. I want my mommy.
   Will probably cancel PT today. Hope to hear from Roxanne the wound dr. I think we are going to be bonding soon. Oh did I tell you he has an infection in his toe so if the wound dr doesn't want to deal with that we will have to go to a foot dr. It looks like an infected ingrown toenail. Normally I wouldn't bother with it but because of the infection from the wound I think we need to treat it right away.
  On the bright side, I ordered some pink unicorn fabric for girls. Couldn't resist, it will make a nice baby girl quilt. It was one of the weekly or daily deals from MSQC.
  We have had the heat going since Bruce got home, he is cold, even with a blanket and hat on in the house.
       I made a roast in the crock pot and it wasn't done by 6:30 so made Bruce a BLT sandwich last night. 
 I think I will just stay home this week with Bruce. 

   Rosala is bringing dinner tonight. Yeah that is another positive thing. I am having difficulty looking for the good things this morning. 
Must call the dr.
  Wednesday - We went to ER and they patched the wound and gave us another cord so we are set until tomorrow. Then went to the toe DR and Bruce had part of his nail removed. I left the room. Now home and he wants to nap. I am so tired.
   Thursday- Okay, feeling better today not as overwhelmed.
I cleaned out some old fabric to make room for all the new precursor I am ordering.
We got Bruce's wound recovered. We got his infected toe taken care of. Yeah!
The part for the wound vac arrived. The smell of the wound is what bothered us we didn't want to end back in Boise for another three weeks. I suppose we will be paranoid from here out.
Today we go to the wound Dr to set up a schedule. And the wheelchair person will arrive to put a brake on the shower chair.
Maybe I will clean something or at least vacuum. 
    Feeling much better this morning. 
I was tired, mean and grumpy when we got home. Not feeling quite so overwhelmed.
We put Bruce back in bed, he is only used to being up for an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. 
I will talk to him about sleeping in. He tires really easily.
I need to go purchase more vitamins and things for him, will do so when one of the bros gets up. 
I will take a rest this afternoon.
After a morning shower the sun is peeking through. 
Need to walk the dog.

Sunday -  We are full of too much candy.
We had eight trick or treaters. We stayed home. The boys went down to Connie longs house, they had soup, hot cocoa, scones and candy. 
We were afraid Bruce would get chilled outside. 
He has a busy day then he gets tired the next day.
He will go to an afternoon church so he doesn't have to race around to be on time. I will have to race around to get there on time after taking care of him.
Looking forward to being with adults.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Mom, you're doing good. Keep up the good work. Our prayers are with you and dad.

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley