Monday, November 16, 2015

One Day More

   Monday - We bought some taco soup and brownies for a dance fund raiser so I didn't have to cook today.
Have been sewing today. Made autumn leaf covers for the pillows and matching curtain for under the sink. 
Need to clean, don't want to.
Getting rid of Santa suits, more stuff to get rid of. 
Trying to get some quilt tops done to put in the local quilt show at the shop down town. They serve cider and cookies too. 
Will have to find another murder mystery to read.
   Wednesday -  I have an awful head ache, sinus again, couldn't be stress, right?
  I did clean two toilets and a load of dishes and cut out more strips for border and binding.
I need to thin the iris, but don't think that will happen this year.
Maybe I will sweep off the deck. Maybe
  Andrew took the white car back to Pres. Richards on Sunday. He needed it for family. We have had it a year. I should ask Andrew to write a thank you but he hasn't even sent any for his Sr grad gifts. 

Have to make three more blocks for the string quilt. Six blocks just isn't big enough.
  Bruce has an appointment in Baker today. If this headache doesn't go away I will stay home. Duncan is the designated driver. Bruce turned on Peter, Paul and Mary had to leave the kitchen, it hurts my head, it is too loud.
 It is raining here, no mail either.

     Bruce left for a Drs appoint and I felt better. You think there is a connection? An outward manifestation of inner turmoil. Sigh
   Thursday - Went to sewing this morning. Almost finished a top. The ladies are helpful with opinions and ideas. One lady brought sausage and potato soup in a crock pot for lunch, it was so good.
Bruce is back on his therapy schedule. It is only an hour a day until he gets stronger. Then he will work up to an hour and a half a day.
 Andrew got a job working at Goss motors. He will wash and vacuum cars from 8 am to noon or so. We are just glad he will be busy and have Sunday's off.
  Going to night RS tonight. We do a quilt class and then the regular meeting.
It is nice to get away.
  
    Friday - Had slight trauma last night, as I was settling into our cozy warm bed at 11 pm. Bruce's catheter came off. Had to get him up in the sling, change the sheets and blankets and put him back to bed. Had to get Andrew to help me get him back to bed and then Duncan to position him with pillows. I have trouble rolling him over. It is nights like these I wish he was in a hospital bed. I was very frustrated and had to hold my sobs back so Bruce wouldn't see or hear. When he loses control of his bowels he gets really quiet, it is humiliating for him. It makes me angry, tired and mean.
    I sewed all day at UFO yesterday. I did get a top almost finished, needs borders. I come home and things are still the same. I suppose the trivial things are what will keep me going. The top is cheddar yellow and indigo blue with Scottish thistle. It will be very nice.
Need to sleep

1 comment:

Rob said...

You are doing well mom, even though it may not seem like it. Keep up the good work.

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley