Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Quilt Show


   On Tuesday Bruce had three therapists working with him trying to fix the uneven hip joints. He now has exercises showing him how to increase the strength in his right hip. 

   At pool on Wednesday Bruce was holding weights so he could stand evenly. A weight on one side made him stand up with hips alined. And he did it without a neck brace.
  Finished the binding on two quilts and tied the minion lap quilt. It is bright.
Wednesday made dinner for Rosala, she is ill, tried a new recipe, shouldn't do that to others, just stick to barbecue sauce. 
    On Friday we set up the quilt show at the church. We had a lot of help so it went fast. Saturday we had 98 quilts and 84 people came. Next year's theme is log cabin. I already found some log cabin pincushions we can use for door prizes. 

My first chevron, yes the rows go up and down similar to my life instead of even ups and downs. It is the bright fabric of Kaffe Fawcett, I am stepping out of my comfort zone to use his line however I like the flowers and Bruce likes fish, who would have guessed they would go nicely in a quilt?


This quilt features the plus sign, reminds me of Tetris game.

This is falling squares with the minion fabric.

This is have square triangles. I couldn't resist, cheddar and indigo and the Scottish thistle for Bruce.

This is called coins, like coins stacked.


Its my therapy to do quilts. These are the finished results. I have ventured off rectangles and squares to triangles. I'm a big girl now. Ta da
 

3 comments:

janieorton said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful and creative quilts, Karen. Great work. Thanks for sharing. Thanks, too, for the phone call last week. It was a great lift. We are hanging in there - you do the same. Our catch phrase recently: "It is what it is"

lindzandrob said...

Love all the quilts! You are amazing. The chevron one is my favorite...you'll have to teach me how to make one. :)

lindsy said...

You made ALL of those?!! Wow, they look beautiful! I'm still on squares :) :)

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley