Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Bruce's Birthday

Monday Bruce was really stiff and it took an hour of stretching and ranging before he was able to stand. He tightens up like that after a night of spasms.
  Tuesday went to an estate sale in Summerville with Carma and found a few fun items. I have been collecting vintage embroidery to put in a quilt. I really appreciate the hand work and people don't use the dresser linens any more. Then we stopped at the second hand store behind Bronson lumber and then to Mac D's for a healthy mango/pineapple smoothie. Thank you for a morning off!
   Pool time on Wednesday Bruce was very stiff and not able to push off the side of the pool. He asked if he could march in place and he did that, then he wanted to do a step up on the step in the pool and with assistance he did that.
  Bruce and Duncan went to the urologist in Baker and Bruce was given a clean bill of health for his kidneys. All the medication had side effects and that has disappeared! Yeah!
  I went to a pot luck with some friends. I took a blueberry cream pie with graham cracker crust I found from my Cat Who Mystery Cookbook. There was enough left over for the boys and Bruce.
  Thursday was Bruce's birthday. He is 64 years young. We went to lunch at the Sub shop. They have a back door entrance with a nice ramp. Trouble was a car was parked there. Kathy got the young girl to move her car. I had the chicken fajita salad, Andrew met us there and he and Duncan had the 12 inch subs, Bruce had a half a sub sandwich. Andrew took half a day off, Goss Motors is very kind to let him have days off. Bruce then went to therapy and after therapy we, Andrew, Bruce and I went to the movies. We saw Zootopia, there were only about 20 people in the theatre, we laughed out loud, it was a delightful movie. Andrew liked the sloths the best.
  Bruce has added another chore to his list. He can snap up his pants and hang them on a hanger in the closet. This evening he tried to put the trash can by the road for the truck. He could do it with assistance. He couldn't turn the can around without it dumping on him so his assistant Duncan did the turning. He folds his own towels now and sometimes puts the silverware away. He is in charge of his medication and changes out his weekly pill box by himself. 
   They are teaching Bruce to put on his socks and sandles, so with assistance he tries that every now and then.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Good job guys. Keep it up. I like the updates.

Unknown said...

I LOVED Zootopia! I laughed more than my granddaughters, and more than everyone else in the theater!! At 65, I have permission. :) Kathy

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley