Monday, April 11, 2016

Bariatric Ward

   I got my spring basket quilt top sewn together. It has vintage blocks. I added a border, need to get it quilted. The handles are rick rac entwined, I wanted to save the blocks.
   I have some batik butterflies I will cut out during conference. It helps to keep me from falling asleep. 
We did enjoy conference. Wonderful talks
   Duncan is in his room. Bruce is trimming his nails and Andrew is off to his mission prep class. Don't know when he will be ready to go.
   I only dozed off a couple of times during conference. Had to get up once last night to put Bruce's leg back on the bed. I hate it but it is a sign he is doing better. I am not nice when I need sleep.
  I took my circle quilt top to the quilters. I finished my embroidery quilt top, will need to get a backing for it. I started a butterfly top during conference. I cut out the parts, need to iron it in place and will machine quilt it. I have several quilts I have started so will pick one to finish. I like to keep busy so I will stay out of trouble.

We had the windows opened today, the dog rolled in something so it kinda stinks in this house...

I made a bucket list and invited my sisters to go with me. Any of these you want to do avec moi? Have you done them already?

Castle tour in Ireland and Scotland - spend the night in a castle
Pay for a strangers meal
Quilt retreat in a southern mansion
Quilting cruise to Alaska, walk on a glacier
Ride a camel, ride an elephant
Ride in a hot air balloon
Ride down the Mississippi River in a steam boat
tour Mark Twain house in Hartford, Connecticut 
Skinny dip - Bruce says he's already been but he would go with me, my sisters don't want to go...
Visit Canada, Bruce says he's been to Quebec, there is a castle there. My sisters say I need to go to Niagara Falls, Bruce said he would go too.
Win a viewers choice ribbon at the fair
Visit Edgar Allen Poe home in New York
Visit Ernest Hemingway home in Key West, Florida 
Visit Ray Bradbury home in Waukegan, Il 
Bruce added to his list: salmon fishing in Alaska, sit on a beach in Jamaca, go on a mission
 I will do the quilting retreat in Alaska cruise while he fishes, together but apart...
   On Thursday Bruce had a fun, unique experience. They took him to the Bariatric ward at the hospital which is for very obese people that can't walk. There they have a lift and a track to practice walking. They put Bruce in a harness and hooked him up. They are able to adjust the amount of weight on his legs. It took a couple of tries but he was able to stand for a couple of minutes. They are trying to get his quads, thigh muscles to kick in.

  My sister singing in the Mo Tab for general conference. It happens twice a year. There are six sessions, one for priesthood and one for women. My sistah is the blonde on the top row first one on the left, in the pinkish dress. I got chills when they sang "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing". Did you feel it?
  

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley