Monday, April 4, 2016

Eighteen Months Since the SCI

   Our caregiver was late, three Sunday's in a row, but who is counting? Me obviously He says he will get up earlier. Bruce wanted to go to Elgin ward and he would have to leave here by 8:15. We made it, I was still stressing. My left eye twitches when I am doing too much. It means I need to close my eyes and relax. I did after they left since my church begins at 1pm.
   Easter Sunday, we had a lamb roast, red baby taters and green salad. I didn't feel like making a feast since it was fast Sunday and we didn't have family. Andrew ate with his friends from church. So we had a lot of leftovers. 
  On Monday Bruce was again very stiff from the spasms he has been having. They did a lot of stretching and ranging to get him loosened up. We figure he sleeps so deeply he stiffens up. Bruce said every time he moved, he had spasms and couldn't sleep. They are thinking of increasing his medication. 
   Andrew informs me before work today that he needs dinner ready by 5:00pm since he is going on a singles branch activity to Baker to go bowling. Yes, sir, I made a lamb curry (leftover Easter feast) with sliced apples, celery, maters, and rice and it was ready by 5:15 in time for him to rendezvous with his friends. Give me strength.
  The dog is shedding like crazy. It looks like tuffs of batting on the floor. It does not fall off when we go for walks.
   I put the last border on my Aunt Ruthies Farm Stand panel. The designer is coming the end of April to teach us and there is a competition for using the panel in a quilt. Will have to get it quilted before the class. I did a lot of the hand work last Oct. while Bruce was in recovery for a month in Boise. 


   Bruce said he broke his record for standing, 2 min and 45 secs. 
More spasms, less work, Bruce came home from therapy early because of the spasms. They also stopped at Burger King. Did they bring me something? Bruce says we know you always order salads and they were out of salads. I'm still miffed. The smell of hamburger and French fires is celestial. 
    Well it has been year and half since the spinal cord injury. Bruce has movement in his legs and feet. He is still really weak. This is the time of recovery. They figure the average for regaining what you will regain happens by this time. Maybe since he is older it will take longer. He is still improving so we are still moving forward.

    



1 comment:

lindsy said...

He is still improving, yes! You'll have to post a picture of the whole quilt. It really looks beautiful. I would be bugged if they didn't at least bring me fries! :)

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley