Monday, March 9, 2015

Criss Cross Applesauce

    Monday was the monthly check up. Bruce improved in all measures of motion and strength.  When measuring they use a scale of zero to four with zero being nada and a four is normal motion and strength. His left leg is a two and his right leg is a one. When he left St Als four weeks ago they were both big fat zeros. 
    Pool time he improved in range of motion in arms, legs and torso. He was able to move his legs apart from two inches to six inches. And he was stronger pushing off the wall with his legs. 
    He is able to sit with his legs crossed. He needs help and he does it for five minutes on each leg. He said it feels so good to sit with his legs crossed. We have added the crossing of the ankle to the knee stretch to our morning and evening stretches. 
    PT gave him an exercise with a soccer ball (we have a few of those at our house, 5) he uses it for abdominal exercises. He can touch his toes while sitting in the chair and can sit back up again.  
 Our sweet neighbors brought us a pulled pork dinner! We use the same Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. Thank you!
    Ellen brought over breakfast burritos. They didn't last long.
    Central PTA brought over a candy bouquet with a couple of coupons to local businesses. That was a sweet surprise!
    Went to the chiropractor to work on my shoulder. Turning Bruce is wearing me out. Duncan has stepped in and he helps every other night. Thank you Duncan! 
   Carma and Carol took me to the movies. We saw McFarland, USA. It was a good show. Loved the cultural differences. Duncan and Andrew put Bruce to bed. Our regular guy was outta town and the sub was sick. They did an excellent job and Andrew only left the room once.
    Ellen brought over some homemade pumpkin, cinnamon bread. It was moist and most excellent. Thank you!
     I dug out my sewing machine and set it up in the living room to work on a few projects. Might have to purchase some fabric to finish a project. 
     

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Purchase fabric? Say it isn't so! =) I'm so excited to hear Bruce's progress. I've been praying and fasting for both of you, and didn't want to check in too often, because I wanted to hear the big results, and there they are! I can't bring you anything yummy (and I'm an indifferent cook anyway, so you would get something from the restaurant!), but fast and pray, I can do that! Keep up the hard work! (Easy for me to say, right?)

angela said...

I am so happy , Bruce, to hear of your progress. I can barely touch my toes and sit back up myself! You obviously have an angel or two on your shoulder and (turning you in the night). Karen, be careful with the shoulder. Damage there lasts forever . Rubbing with icy hot helps Dee's pain. Sending my love

Unknown said...

Awesome news! Thx for the updates, it helps us know how to direct our prayers.

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley