Friday, March 27, 2015

Walking in the Pool

     Monday Teija brought over some homemade bread, still warm. That didn't last long.
   Tuesday Ellen brought over some egg, hash brown and cheese breakfast food with homemade bread and a cake with raspberry topping. Thank you for breakfast treats!
   Wednesday Rosala and Debbie brought dinner. Rosala brought homemade bread and I mentioned it was cold and she said it was fresh just an hour and a half out of the oven. I suppose we will still eat it. We are spoiled with warm homemade bread...  I was teasing, the meat loaf and baked taters were warm.
   Got a fun goody bag from GeorgAnna. It had chocolate m&ms (don't throw away the w's), nuts, books, a music cd, a book on cd and stories to read. Thank you for thinking of us! 
     Austin, Meg, Noah and Gus came over to trim the rest of the trees. Noah, Gus and I blew bubbles and tried to roast marshmallows on my giant candle. We succeeded in getting wax on the marshmallow. I suppose I will have to break down and get a chimney to roast marshmallows. Noah says they roast hot dogs so I will get some of those for the grandchildren next week.
   Bruce visited Central school for the end of the month assembly. The children were concerned when they heard a helicopter they thought it was him. He wanted to reassure them he was going to be okay. They gave him an air hug because he didn't have time to hug all of them (staff was concerned he would get mobbed) and we are concerned about him getting cooties I mean germs from the children. In the past he would have a snot line on his ties from the children giving him hugs at school.  
     In swimming Bruce was able to take steps. Sorry I missed it. I took time to go grocery shopping for the visit from the grandchildren. They moved Bruce to the deeper water, five and half feet, they put a pool noodle under his armpits and the floatie under his neck. He was able to pick his knees up and do the walking motion. Ta dah!

  
    
    
    Peach blossoms from pruning the tree.

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley