Monday, December 1, 2014

He Talks on the Phone

     Bruce called me today! He didn't talk long, it hurts his arm to hold the phone up, 5:44 was his time. It is heaven to hear his voice. 
    He is in an electric wheel chair. I asked him if he ran into anything (he did at the high school when he was test driving a chair, it is not easy to stop a 300 pound electric wheel chair) and he replied he goes slow. The Dr said he would give him a pass to go anywhere in the hospital and he said he would wait for me and we could go for a walk together. I know a couple places he might like in the hospital. He said we could go visit Dr. Thompson in the maternity section.  
     He shaved himself with the electric razor. They prop a pillow under his right arm and he goes to town. He trimmed his side burns too. He said when I get there I can give him a haircut and he will look normal again. I have always cut his hair. Only one time was it bad... No we didn't take pictures... It was at 10:30 pm. I wasn't thinking too straight and put the shorter blade on the clippers. He did look military, not too many people said anything and the hair grew out. He doesn't ask to cut his hair lat at night anymore. 
     He said he uses a regular fork now and it is easier to feed himself. He eats down the hall in the dining area. He said he was talking to a couple of people but some of them have brain damage so he didn't get very far. He said one young man he talked to was going home today. 
    He asked me if it is snowing here and I answered no. He said it was snowing in Boise and I should check the weather before I come. I do that already, here and there. He said they keep him really busy and I would just follow him to therapy (or venture out to a quilt store). 
    He asked me if I had anything to say and I said "I can't find the filter on the new furnace to change it." He said I might have to call T and T and get them to show me. I did take the front panel off and couldn't find it.
     This made my day!
  
     PS ~ Please hold your calls til he is stronger. They are going to let him do emails soon on his iPad. I'll let you know when they let him do that. He has a lot to delete or answer. 

    Look what I spent way too much money on at the craft fair in Riveria gym. Andrew made the table last year in his welding class.mournfirst decorations are up. Ta dah! Bruce said all he wanted for Christmas was some Oregon Duck socks. Our DIL Lindsy got some and some knee length shorts so he is all set. 
   

2 comments:

Unknown said...

More good news! And good job on the welding Andrew!

angela said...

We should appreciate phone calls more.So glad to hear Bruce is better.

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley