Thursday, December 4, 2014

The White Rumble

   We found Andrew a place to stay, he will stay with Huntsman's again. We have borrowed a car from Pres Richards from Baker for Andrew to use so he won't have to ride the shame train, I mean bus, just til Bruce is here in mid January. It is an old white beater car and rumbles when it is turned on, it has over 220,000 miles. Andrew said it would do. He named it "The White Rumble" (I'll post a photo tomorrow) Thanks for going with me Chris to meet Richards in North Powder. It was a nice 30 min therapy session and the roads were clear. 
    Andrew was sick today so took him to the Dr., he has Sinusitis, he is on antibiotics. The Dr saw yellow mucous in his throat, he had laryngitis too, no fever.
     I will leave tomorrow for Boise, mid morning after the ice has melted.
    On Monday I got pulled over for an expired car registration. I was going to deal with Andrew's citation. Talk about ironic. The policeman knew Bruce so he just gave me a warning and said he knew I was on the road a lot. Kind man. From Andrew's wreck, he totaled the truck, he is on a year's probation and will have to pay all the fees if he messes up. He seems to be more cautious in his driving, lesson learned. (Knock on wood) 
      Tuesday I got a letter for jury duty. I asked to be excused. 
     Got a key made for Bro Chandler to do renovations to the house. Turns out he is booked to April so Bishop will get someone else to do the work. Insurance might cover part of it and will make the house easier to sell when we go on a mission in seven years. 
     Since Andrew was home sick today we watched a library DVD, called Follow the River. Mary Ingles is pregnant when she and her two sons are captured from their homestead in Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains by Shawnee Indians. Her husband, Will, narrowly escapes death.  Andrew even liked it. We had to stop the movie to go see the Dr. and poor Andrew had to wait for me to get home, from picking up his antibiotics and getting some night shirts for Bruce to watch the rest of the movie. It was well done. The Indians are not too stereotyped. The real story does not have as happy an ending. I googled it. 
     Yesterday I made some Christmas pillowcases, so when we lay our heads down we will think of the other two and pray for each other. At least it sounds good in theory. 
    Good night Neverland.
     

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Follow the River was one of my favorite books. Didn't know that they made it into a movie. I'm sure that they will excuse you from jury duty. Don't even worry about that. Glad things are progressing.
Talk to you soon. Take Care!!

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley