Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday, Monday (by Sonny and Cher)

      Arrived to find Lee Clinkenbeard talking to Bruce. They both like to talk so that was fun.
      Bruce caught me up on what has been happening. 
     The OT make a mold of his left hand in melted warm wax. They dip his hand four times and it solidifies, they wrap it in Saran Wrap, then they peel the wax off. That loosens up the joints in his hand and it is easier to work with. I'll take pictures and post them tomorrow. 
       He said he is down to twice a week with speech so he is almost up to par with his voice and diaphragm workouts.
      He has a nice bag of dirty clothes for me to wash. Cinderkaren 
     Someone stopped by with icing covered pretzels and gingerbread men. Bruce must have missed them because he was at therapy. What a nice edible surprise. Who dunna it? 
      Sandra Morehead sent gingerbread men, sugar cookies, thin mints, oranges and peanut brittle. Thank you Sandra!  
      The Thimmes sent a very nice glass light up singing manger scene. Thank you.

     Liz Meyer sent some battery operated lights for his wheel chair. He laughed out loud when I showed him.
       Rogers sent a nice wooden nativity. Sorry the treats didn't make it. The elves must have eaten them or that hungry Rudolph...
        He is napping now, they sure wear him out. He will have to get up soon for dinner. It is warm in this room and making me sleepy...
     Dinner was lemon chicken breast, green beans, smashed taters, a small green salad with blue cheese dressing and milk. While they get him out of bed and into the wheelchair I head for the cafeteria, I couldn't resist the turkey pot pie. They used a triangle shaped puff pastry with a turkey gravy vegetable stew on top. I had a side of sautéed broccoli and sugar snap peas. It was delisous. For dessert he had ginger snap cookies some peanut brittle and some raspberry chocolate cookies. I had the last two Reese's peanut butter cups. All these delightful dessertswere sent to us. We are slowly making our way through them. Thank you for thinking of us and sharing your family treats. 
     He demonstrated the pulley system he uses.
     He said the OT gave him a weight in a Velcro strap.
      We played the dvd "it's a Wonderful Life". I hung some Christmas cards from the students and some cards from our church primary on the doors. It is looking festive in here. Thank you for the cards and decorations. It reminds us that other people care. 
     Here is a picture of some ceiling lights I noticed the other day. One light bulb does not match. My OCD noticed it and I thought I would share. Can you find it? 

        
        

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley