Wednesday, February 11, 2015

We're Home

     Bruce did pool therapy today. He said he moved muscles he had not moved before. He was quite pleased. He also got chilled and was worn out.
     Tomorrow we will rest at home. No running around. I need to organize the house and get things where we can use them.
     I am tired. This getting up three times a night wears me out.
That was last week. 
   My sistah says she is tired of reading about the bathroom renovations...
     This week.

    Bruce had pool time today. He could move his feet from side to side. He could pull his feet in from sagging side to side. He can move, it is very small, he just needs to practice. He can pick his left foot up. He says he practices in bed before we get him moving in the morning. They tell him to work hard and see what he can do. Once he has a beginning connection, they build on it. Helping him move teaches his muscle and brain to talk to each other. The pool room is like a sauna. Duncan and I both sweat. Am I losing weight? 
     Ofter pool time, we wrap Bruce in towels, put a hat and coat and a blanket over him and follow him to the van. I heat the van up and we have an electric blankie that plugs into the lighter. 
   He comes home very chilled and exhausted. He slept for two and half hours this afternoon. 
     I lay down for a rest and must have dozed off. I answer the phone then can't sleep anymore. My mind is whirling with things that need to be done. It is like having an infant at home again. More laundry, towels, clothes, dishes and no sleep. Did I mention the lack of sleep. People tell me my body will adjust. Three times a night. Bruce says he figures he will be strong enough to roll himself in a month. 
    Bruce awoke from his nap and his clothes are soaked. We redress him and have more laundry to do. Thank goodness for Duncan to help me.
    A friend drops a plate of cookies by, another friend drops off some fresh fruit. I like nibbling on the grapes, they are healthy. 
   Two friends said they were going to bring us a meal every Wednesday. Such kindness brings tears to my eyes. Normally I don't tear up, must be the sleep deprivation. 
    Another friend brought over these huge blocks of wax. We will use them tomorrow for his left hand wax treatment. 
    We are grateful for the meals people are bringing us. They must spend all afternoon cooking. It is great not to have to think what to cook. I cook Papa Murphy style. There is enough food for two nights, maybe I will clean the frig tomorrow.  Maybe
      Must head to bed. Midnight turning comes quickly.
     
   
    

1 comment:

Rob said...

You are doing good Mom. Keep up the good work. As always, we are pulling and praying for you.

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley