Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Cat/ Cow

Bruce is outside supervising the pouring of the concrete, he says he finds it fascinating. 
Should be the last day for them. The dog does not like the noise.

I walked down to Riveria school this morning with the dog. Bruce said it was a mile, then I came home and ate two cookies... My clothes seem to have shrunk.

  Bruce didn't stand at all this last week. He got up on his hands and knees and then to knees, called four point and two point kneeling. He did cat/ cow and a lot of shoulder work and the step bike. No pool time as he has a catheter in and we should be taking that out this week. 
Teija is bringing dinner tonight. 

   Went to UFO and met a new lady with lavender hair. She is my age. I tried not to stare. Maybe I will color my hair that color, ha ha. She seemed nice and was quiet. Sometimes it is really noisy there. She asked about genealogy so that was good.
I got a lot of cutting and ironing done.
Have to go to Rite Aide and get meds for Bruce will do that tomorrow.
  Rosala brought over a waffle ice cream cake, have never had that before. It was a different taste. Debbie brought KFC chicken. Was hoping for the leftovers for lunch and the boys ate it last night.
    Duncan finally mowed the lawn. Yeah
   Kevin set the well and hoses up for us. So the garden is ready. Need someone to weed. Haven't heard anything from the YW will have to get more names.
 Jeff has us on his list to redo the master bathroom. It will be a couple of weeks before he gets to us. That is fine. We like the quiet. He is going to put a pedestal sink in, tile and a built in cabinet. He will repaint and make the baseboards match the rest of the house. It will be quite nice when it is finished. Then all we will have left to do will be the basement bathroom.
  Jeff redid the putty around the back toilet, apparently it wasn't tall enough and did not seal, he didn't charge us so that was great as his team put it in last year. Bruce had noticed it was wet around the base of the toilet. Ick
Must go sew while Bruce is gone.
  Here is the chevron baby quilt I made for a friend having her first baby. Chris says the blocks look like cats. I can see it and where I tied the blocks, those are the whiskers.
   On Friday, I took Bruce to Central School groundbreaking. Several teachers gave us both hugs. The love shared brought tears to my eyes. I liked that Larry said most of the local jobs were sub contracted out and 5 million dollars will come back Bruce was able to cross the terrain with two bodyguards, Jim and Mark and put a shovel in the ground. He wanted to stay til the children sang their 'thank you' song. Wish more people had been there. 
  He commented the new school design on the program looks like dental offices, two stories, the windows are high for lighting, but the children can't see out so they won't be distracted, one slope roofing which is easier to take care of. I wonder if the students were allowed to draw a picture of what they wanted the school to look like. Will they move the toys down from the old school?
  Saturday Maggie and Darius came over to weed. Darius did it for service hours for the middle school and Maggie is raising money for girls camp. Duncan dumped two of our mulch trash cans in the garden and we filled them with new weeds, then Bruce had Duncan cut a limb off a tree from the alley that was putting shade in the yard. I hadn't even noticed it. When Andrew arose at noon thirty,Bruce had him cut of the dead branches on the peach tree. The backyard is starting to look nice. I even did a little weeding, but could feel my sinus running so I headed for the house. 
   We went to the open house at the genealogy library Saturday afternoon, we arrived in time for lunch, good timing. Bruce went to one class and I to another. He slept through his class. He said the class was interesting, but if you have a full tummy and they turn out the lights for the video it is bye, bye Bruce.
  Another busy, full week has flown by.
   

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley