Monday, May 2, 2016

Home Again

    Finally got Bruce home at 7 Sunday night. I felt I needed to stay with him as he was feeling really low on Saturday. Another set back with tears. Someone told us it was another bump in the road. We tired of the bumps. 

Had a very nice tender mercy. I won the $100 worth of free fabric from the new quilt store drawing. I spent all of it but $7. I am bad to the bone. I got a quilting book, a jelly roll and fabric to go with it and two spools of grey thread.

  Bruce has a catheter for a week and I am having a hard time dealing with it. Bruce seems fine.
I cry at the drop of a hat. Might have to stay in for awhile. I think I am exhausted, this is such an up and down ride.
I think we get blessings even if we complain. Look at me, I got the gift certificate and I am still crying.
  Our son Luke broke boys his wrists. He was playing basketball, was going for a dunk, made the basket (that is important) and fell. He caught himself with his wrists.
spent all but $7 at the quilt store.
  
Amy is bringing a pizza on Friday. She makes a homemade chicken bbq sauce that Andrew requested. It is good.
We went to Walla, Walla on Wednesday. The appointment was rescheduled from two weeks ago. I got my car DVD player back from Teija to I will watch Monk and put the binding on my quilt for the class on Saturday. 
We gave Rosala Debbie the night off from cooking. We ate at Mongolian Grill. It is a fun place and we get to watch them cook it.
   Went to UFO at Wildfire lodge Thursday morning. They fed us lunch, beef stew, salad, yellow squash and lemon cake and we did a show and tell. Saw Allen Bieckle there and Charlene Counsil, one of Bruce's teachers. It was good to catch up. Going to Wildflower is an annual event, we talk to the ladies there and they see our colorful quilts. Win, win for all of us.

J and N poured the concrete for the curbs and part of the sidewalk today. It is looking good. Just need our parking places back.
Thank you to Bryan for spraying the grass is dear the blueberries and returning to spray the dandelions. It will sure help. 
 
Carma brought chicken Tostitos for dinner tonight. It didn't last long. I made a green salad.
Rosala brought brownies and black cherry ice cream for dessert which I ate, how am I ever going to lose weight? What a way to go.
Jesse comes in to vacuum, mop the floors and scrub the bathrooms. She is very helpful.
The football team will be here on Saturday to wash our windows for a donation. 
Went to D&B Saturday morning with Bruce and Kevin. Kevin is going to help Bruce set up a soaker hose system in the back yard to water the garden, grapes and blueberries. 
I got some chocolate mint and some Thyme to plant.
Bruce didn't stand at all this last week. He got up on his hands and knees and then to knees, called four point and two point kneeling. He did cat/ cow and a lot of shoulder work and the step bike. No pool time as he has a catheter in and we should be taking that out this week. We had one accident with a sock full of pee. I am tired.
Pouring the new driveway, nothing fancy, just concrete. It was all torn up from people turning in the driveway when they dropped their children off at Greenwood School. Now all the children go in the front door for security so it isn't a problem any more.
Tearing out the old driveway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your last two posts, and feel so much love for you and Bruce, and so much sorrow, and yet some joy, too. I know you are both tired. I know if you could have a 3-day vacation of back to "before", you could gird up your loins and move on, but right now it seems girding is just so hard. I am praying for you, and thinking about you both. I don't know if you will ever dance again on this Earth. Paul and I won't, but this is only a small moment in eternity. In the meantime, you do still have each other to gripe and cry and complain and feel joy and laughter, and that is no small thing. =) I hope you both at least get a good night's sleep soon, maybe several, and can enjoy the new driveway and the cherries! Tough times don't last. Tough people do. =)

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley