Monday, May 16, 2016

Mothers's Day Week

   Happy Mother's Day! Got to talk to all but one of the boys and Crys today so I am pleased. Bruce got me a hanging plant for the deck and a very nice planter from the landscapes place on Island ave. Andrew brought me a long seemed red rose from the branch. Duncan did a couple of chores for us, very nice.
   Ben and fam will be here in July, Dan says they plan to come for a visit and Rob says they will be here at Christmas between snow storms. We don't have any plans to go anywhere until Bruce is stronger.

We will be interviewing potential health care workers this week.
  One gal is leaving in June and Gregg is just not able to help any more, his health is so bad. He says he might be moving to Coos Bay soon. He calls in sick at least once a week and I don't like the stress of finding someone to sub for him.
  Duncan is thinking about leaving after summer too so would have to hire a driver. He is getting tired of us nagging him. I think we can hire a retired person to be Bruces driver during the day so that won't be so bad. I would have to take him to meetings on Sunday and his night activities.
 Sorry, I'm whining again. I did take a nap yesterday.
I got a list of people to interview yesterday from DHS. We can put an ad in and see who wants to work weekends. Or we can look at their preferences and see who will work then. It is really helpful. 
I got my sample block done for the quilting class on Thursday. 
We only interviewed three people off the home health care list. We will call one and tell her she has the job and hope it works out. 

   I took a quilting class at the new quilt shop. The disappearing hourglass, it is on line, was only $20 and as Rosala says a good price to get out for the day. We had three in the class. We sewed two 10 inch blocks together and then cut them diagonally. And then sewed it together in an hourglass shape. And then cut it in thirds and maybe you should watch the video on you tube. I cut my first block wrong. But I was okay after that. 
   I bought a tuna salad from the sub shop and a lemonade for lunch. I sat on a bench outside and enjoyed the sunshine. 
  I  finished five squares and had six more ready to cut so it was a productive day.
  Saturday afternoon we went up to the stake center for an emergency communications open house. We liked the solar light bulb that has an outlet for your cell phone. We were thinking we might get some of them for the adult children for Christmas, that way if disaster strikes, I can call them and know they are safe. Crystal says they have them in Ghana, they are thinking of going with solar instead of the merry go rounds.
   
  They told us the disaster in this area would be if Portland had an earthquake we would be affected as our gasoline and heating oil come from that area. The Red Cross (Debbie Mills) suggested we get ahead on any medicine we might need. And to pack stuff for the dog. Hadn't thought of that.  Bruce ordered a book to take a class on ham radios so he can become an operator. Will have to clear the desk off so he has a place to set up shop. It is a 35 question test and there is a practice test online. 

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley