Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Father Son Bonding

   Bruce is doing better, he has 100 % of his right arm and 50% of his left. He does want to be stronger because he has seen the strength of other quads and wants to be able to do more. They have been standing him on one leg and moving the other footsore are and back about three inches. And then switching to the other leg, repeating the process. Ben says they are getting him ready to shuffle walk. 

   I made another chevron baby quilt. It has a fun pink polka dot border. I am in love with it if that is possible. My friend said it looks like Easter colors.

Andrew mowed the lawn. It looks good, now will have to trim the tall grass. I tied some silver ribbon to the cherry trees. It helps keep the birds out and is easier than the netting we put on before. 

I am working on my string quilt. I saw a border around each block and that looks fun only I have six sewn together so will border them and add more. Artistic element, ha ha
Couldn't get the dog to walk off the ramp this morning so I stayed in from our walk, it is cold outside and windy. 
Now it is raining.
  Andrew got off early from work to go to the father son campout Friday night. They are just staying for the meal and the beginning of the cookie fest. Duncan doesn't want to miss it. Hot dogs and hamburgers, and tater salad, what more could the male population want?
   I am going out with friends to Moys and then here for quiet time. It is too cold to go to the parade. Moys turned out to be really loud with another group of twenty in the same room. Glad for some down time.
   I listen/watch Murder She Wrote while I sew, it does get quiet. I like seeing all the old actors, Brian Keith, Yvonne de Carlo, (she got fat), Dean Jones. Bruce was lamenting the fact that his 36 inch waist has grown to 38 inches. I do not feel sorry for him. I'm going to buy him a pie.

I tried the new honey nut m&ms, they tasted burnt. Still like the peanut ones best.
   Some friends wanted me to go to the quilt retreat in Wallawa this year. They would provide caretakers for Bruce. At this point in time it just won't work. The care taking involves very private care and Bruce is not ready to bare himself to well meaning friends. And night is an issue, some one has to be in the same room with him or the living room to hear him if his leg falls off the bed or he drops his water bottle. So far I am the only one we allow in bed with him. Thank you dear friends, maybe in six months I can go to the Sept. Quilt retreat. Not sure I can be nice that long. I do like my alone, quiet time. 

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley