Monday, May 30, 2016

Five Stitches in the Eyelid

   Went to tri cities with Nancy yesterday morn to have a recall fixed on the car. I asked Nancy to go with me and then had her drive both ways. I should have been more specific I wanted her to drive. We waited an hour for them to do the work and I showed Nancy some tricks for her iPad. She caught on real fast, she is young. We went to Red Robin for lunch, I paid for her lunch and she was okay with that, she left the tip. She took us to Jo Anne's and I found a couple of things to purchase, that is a fun store. She spent more than me and she had a coupon!  She is making a fleece blanket for their bed, I found some brown linen fabric for a summer skirt that will flow when I walk. I like to flow instead of plod. I can wear a pink or purple top with it, my granddaughters like pink and purple. 
  The trip home we came upon the remnants of a fire in Umatilla. There was still smoke and I saw flames in one spot, it came down to the freeway and into the divider in some spots. Andrew says if the smoke is white the fire is over and if it is black it is still burning. So he did learn something when he was fighting fires last summer. I didn't know that.
 And guess who had got to cook dinner last night. I was tired and then had the beginnings of a headache. I knew if I said I was too tired to cook they would want pizza or we would go out and I didn't want either of those, we had beef left over from yesterday so I made beef and noodles. I had sour cream left over so threw that in with it, I didn't hear any complaints so it must not have been too bad.
 Duncan hurt his back so he is resting now. Hope he is better by tomorrow.
    Bruce said he was able to do marching steps in the pool on Wednesday so that is good.at one time he had his feet 10 inches from the bottom of the pool.
I got to take Bruce to therapy at 10:30 on Fridsy. Duncan is going to the chiropractor today in the afternoon. 
   Watched all the Greenwood students on their bikes this morning getting ready for the bike ride. They were so excited. 
   We are feeding the missionaries tonight.

Missionaries didn't get here til 8:00. They had a meeting in Meridian and were beat so took their pizza and left. That was easy. We gave them oranges for breakfast. We figure they don't buy it in the store so I try to have some on hand when they come over. 
  Took Bruce to the Farmers Market and he saw lots of people he knew. We bought some tamales for dinner tonight, some bread from Kneads and popcorn from a Sanchez. 
  Went to D&B and got spray and red ribbon for the cherry trees and dirt for planters. I found some nice tall ones for the back yard and dirt to go in them.

  Bruce and I went to see Alice through the Looking Glass. You can't change the past only learn from it and change the future. It was great. I loved the time puns.
I brought Bruce home and headed to Rite Aide for pots and Bi Mart for plants and another pot. I really liked how the Stangers back yard is. Now I need to find a rose bush and some sunflowers. 
   We are in the ER. Bruce scratched his face with the tree branches. He might need stitches. They are calling Dr. Petitt to come look at it. The eyelid is torn. Andrew and Bruce are watching a soccer game. 
   He was described as a 64 year old male with a head injury. He got five stitches in his right eyelid and it is black and swollen. Ice, we need ice.
It looks much better.

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley