Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Thanksgiving to Remember

     Seen in the parking lot
            Didn't get to the hospital until 10am, grandpa K had eaten breakfast. It is a holiday so we slept in. Grandpa K was sleeping, they had gotten him up at 6:30am again. 
     Duncan and I sat talking with Grandpa K until Luke and family arrived. Ben came at noon. The nurses got Grandpa K into his wheelchair and wheeled him to a conference room where we joined the rest of the family. We had gone to the hospital cafeteria with trays full of a turkey feast. Some of the grandchildren had pizza and pie and gator aid. The grow ups had traditional turkey dinner. It was good food.


    Bruce had gotten pumpkin pie so I traded him my pecan pie, he owes me.
     Hallie is playing peek a boo with grandpa.
     We lost two of the grandchildren who ended up in the elevator first and the doors closed before the slower adults got to them. Matt, Wyatt and I went down the stairs to try and catch them, we made it down the stairs, some faster than others. The girls were in the elevator with their parents. 
     Went for a walk looking for the signs of the trinity along the path. The grandchildren found piles of snow to jump in and throw at each other. It was the plowed snow from the parking lot.

      We returned to grandpa K's room where we had left Ben and baby Brent to entertain him. It was three o'clock and time for grandpa to be back in his hospital bed. 
   Luke, Baby William, baby Brent and Ben
     Matt is showing baby Brent the singing get well card.
       Grandpa K was asleep in less than three minutes, we wore him out. I headed to the hotel to play with my grand babies.
        We returned to the hotel, donned our swimsuits and headed for the pool. 
I had to sit in the hot tub with the younger girls, someone had to sacrifice to do it. I hope insurance pays for some hot tub therapy for Bruce. Then I got to hold baby William, four months young. I think he might have been overwhelmed with all the noise we make. He wasn't squirming very much, my kind of service.
     Andrew rubbed a spot open on the bottom of his foot, I found him some paper towels. The hotel office had a small bandaid, which soon came off, so I headed for our room to change clothes and then to our car for a first aid kit. He found something in the kit that worked.
     The girls and I went to Subway for sandwiches and lo and behold it was closed! So they called a couple more fast food places and they were closed too. We went to Target and everyone else in Boise was there. Electronics was crazy. I found three pair of long shorts for Bruce to wear and the DIL's found some frozen pizza, jalapeño Cheetos. Ick  I got in line and waited for them to catch up to me, the line went pretty fast.
    We returned to the hotel and Ben had been feeding the children with the complimentary microwave popcorn, the floor was a popcorn crumb fest. Lindsy made frozen chicken florentine on the stove top and I put the frozen pizzas in. The grandchildren were watching Cars and the boys were watching college bb. Of course the grandchildren wanted pizza too and I joined them on the bed watching cars. 
      It has been a Thanksgiving to remember. We are thankful to be together, for our good health, for Grandpa K's progress, safe travel and fun memories. We are wondering what next Thanksgiving will bring. 

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley