Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sat All Day

      Bruce was sick this morning, had nausea and vomiting. (Glad I missed that.) 
He told the nurses he didn't feel well. (if a child says that it is fair warning) The nurses were in the room, so they rolled him to his side and caught it in time. They are well trained. They gave him nausea medicine. I fed him some oatmeal with brown sugar and butter and a banana. I ate his bacon (a sacrifice, didn't want it to be thrown away) he said he had a fever and didn't sleep last night. He is sleeping and snoring now. 

     I brought a couple of wool kits to work on. I finished the first one, a pumpkin, a small rug (that you use for a table topper) and am working on the second, a circle flower autumn one, which will be a pillow. 

     The PT evil lady torturer came in to see if Bruce was ready to sit up and he told her he had had a bad night so she left him alone, maybe this afternoon we can get him up when he feels better. The nurse took a urine sample to see if he has a UTI, urinary tract infection.

     Reed and Debbie Waite stopped by bearing gifts and a nice card from past Central staff and a container with bite - size cookies for me and I suppose Bruce. The cookies are from Barb Ely, 
Almond Meal Cookies with Chocolate Chips and Coconut. Gluten free cookies, what? Are these healthy? They smell good. Bruce said he couldn't fight me for them. I suggested arm wrestling. The cookies taste like coconut macaroons! Yummy. 
     For lunch Bruce ate the rice with pepper and half of the glazed salmon. Can I have the rest? I had two bites of the salmon, and he had the protein chocolate drink and some water. 
     I put some plum berry hand lotion on his dry hands and dead skin caked feet. The lotion is good for my hands too. 
    He wanted to listen to a church conference talk. It was a 10 min talk. He was asleep in 5 min. 
    Can anyone beat that record?
     Forgot to mention yesterday one of the young nurses was checking the sores on Bruce's bottom and said " You have a nice backside." I said, " I am usually the only one that says that to him." She assured me she meant it in a professional manner. His bedsores are healing. Ahem
    More visitors are Jean and Kevin Rogers, they are down to help fix their daughters broken cars. Thank goodness for dads that can do that.
     Pres. Richards texted to see if we want visitors. Yes we do! He keeps telling Bruce he looks great. He says he will bring Krispy Creme donuts when he visits next. Andrew would like that.
   Bruce gets sensation on the top of his head. It occurs after his medications. We get a dry washcloth and rub hard on the top of his head until the feeling goes away. 
    We received a card from Tommy Thompson, it stated that a monastery Our Lady of Guadalupe Trappist Abbey in Carlton, Oregon was praying for us!  I googled the monastery and it looks like a quiet, peaceful place to visit. We are talking about visiting and thanking them. 
Here is what I found: 

Our Lady of Guadalupe Trappist Abbey is a monastery in a rural area of the U.S. state of Oregon. It is located about 30 miles (48 km) southwest of Portland. Currently the Abbey is home to about 28 monks. 

The Abbey is located on 1,300 acres. It is an income-generating enterprise which includes a book bindery, a wine warehouse for local wineries, and a fruitcake bakery. They have hiking too, no children, pets, phone or TV. Thank you for including us in your prayers.

     Bruce says to say the hearing in his right ear has improved, he could hear before, but the hearing is much better now.

     For dinner Bruce had s hot opened face roast beef Sandwich and gravy with pepper and smashed taters and gravy, corn, soup with soda crackers and a banana Creme pie. He ate the entire entree, a couple bites of soup and almost all the pie, his appetite is back.

 The nurses came in and turned him on his right side, he is making like a chain saw now. 

Before I left I set up his book on CD for him to fall asleep to.

 On the drive home, I slid once, one person passed me and someone was in our oncoming lanes trying to turn left in front of us. I slowed down and figured they must've from outta town like me. 

I finished my second wool project. It will fit a 10 inch pillow form. I found out I do not like wool kits. They make my arms itch. Back to the hexies.


3 comments:

angela said...

Wow, 26,000 page views. You have lots of people caring for you. Maybe you'll go viral.
sounds like you had a good day Saturday. and the food sounds good. Keep the good humor in your writing Karen , it cheers us all up.

angela said...

By the way, 'angela' is GeorgAnna Fuller, that's my poetry writing name

Unknown said...

Thank you Karen for posting a blog as so many care about Bruce. It's wonderful that you have so much love and support for your family. You are all much in our thoughts as we are sending heartfelt healing wishes.
Sharon Evoy
Jerry Sebestyen

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley