Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Saying Good bye

     I left my toothbrush at home, got one from the couple I am staying with. 
     Breakfast for Bruce was a fried egg, cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese, ensure and raspberry yogurt.
    We packed up all the cards and personal belongings.
     Lunch was Cobb salad, I had to look it up to see what it was.  A plate of lettuce with rows of tomatoes, shredded cheese, chicken, bacon, hard boiled eggs, and cucumbers with blue cheese dressing, lemonade, a cup of fruit and corn chowder soup.
     For PT Grandpa K got to work with a Peg board, he put the pegs in with his right hand and took them out with his left hand. He had a little trouble with the left hand it he did all five pegs.

     He used a UBE machine which is like pedaling a bike only with his hands. He said it was a lot less painful than the stretches the PT put him through. 
    
     Some of the staff from SWIACH gathered to cheer and say goodbye. Jamie ordered some oatmeal and raisin cookies when we come back to visit. They want to hear Mr. Kevan whistle. Some have even promised to check up on us, I mean visit us at St Al's.
     Here is our new address:
Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center
c/o Bruce Kevan #3430
1055 N. Curtis Road
Boise, ID 83706
     We have the same lovely view of a roof with white rocks. There is a couch and nice picture on the wall. Bruce says he will sit with me on the couch. 
    The new place requires street clothes so Aunt Kathy and I went to Ross to buy 3 shirts, slippers and draw string pants. I will bring more from home next time I go.
     Reed and Debbie Waite stopped by on their way to Montana to play with grandchildren with a family size bag of Reese's Peanut butter Cups. A sweet visit.
     For dinner in our new abode Grandpa K had a Philly cheese steak sandwich, French fries and a banana. He ate everything but a few french fries.
     A nurse came in to do a nose swab. We haven't had that before. They want to make sure since he is coming to a new place that he doesn't have an infection.
     Grandpa K and Aunt Kathy are doing a lot of reminiscing. It is fun to hear their stories, a little brother that jumped on the back of a garbage truck for a ride, going to 12 different schools (they were in the military) and about aunt Kathy coming home from Mexico as a blonde (she said the sun bleached her hair). 


    They play Brahms lullaby when a baby is born. We have heard it three times so far. 
     Thank you aunt Kathy for the company, meals and laughter. You warm our hearts and glad you are a part of our lives. 
    I met a couple getting into the elevator on my way out and I asked them if they were LDS. They looked like it to me, he was in a suit and she was wearing a dress. They were there visiting the man next to us. He had fallen off a haystack and is paralyzed from the waist down, he has a five percent chance of recovery of motion in his legs. He will spend Thanksgiving with his family. The man visiting is the Stake president in Nyssa, President Peterson. He said he knows our Stake President, President Chadwick and he was in a meeting with him on Sunday. He said to stop in and talk to our neighbor tomorrow. I told him our son had wrecked the car while we were gone. He told me not to buy any lottery tickets...
     I set Bruce's cd book up for him to listen to. He is very tired, the PT, visiting all day and the move have worn him out.
      A good day.
      I locked my 'tupid' car keys in the car. (We are not allowed to say stupid) 
                 Good thing Andrew is coming tomorrow. Sigh 

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley