Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Slow Going

    He was sleeping when I arrived this morning. He said he slept better. When he yawned his thigh muscles twitched. The Dr said that could just be a reaction, only time will tell. I told Bruce to yawn some more.
     For our breakfast repast this morning we tried some Cream of Wheat cereal that needed some syrup and butter. The puréed pancakes were really thick but some syrup helped them slide down along with cranberry juice. He finished his pancake and all of his juice. 
     He still has a fever and chills, he is wearing his blue knit hat and has an extra blanket. He looks like a lumberjack with that hat on.
     He has slept most of the morning. The PT lady came in and massaged his hands with lotion and moved his legs. I put lotion on his feet.
    I tried strumming the uke. Bruce is gagging and coughing so much, it seems out of place, maybe tomorrow. 
   He ate most of his lunch, meat and taters with gravy, mater soup, chocolate milk and vanilla ice cream. The speech therapist gave him small chunks of peaches and he finished those off just fine. So we are approved for Mac and cheese.
     
     My path is not very straight. I found some pretty fall leaves on the walk today. My friend Chris showed me how to pick the leaves with color. I will use them for bookmarkers.

    Thank you Stephanie for the mystery books, I will love listening to them!
    For privacy concerns, here at SIACH we are known as 25. When the employees need help instead of calling a person by name over the Walkie talkie they use the room numbers. People are in and out of here quite frequently. Saw another gurney come in. 
     A friendly face today was Tom Isaacson. Thanks for swinging by. It is always nice to see a familiar face. And I loved the story of the child praying for us. 
   
     The PT are here, I helped wrap his legs, they do the binder around his waist and put pants on him. He is shivering so will need a heated blanket. I want a blanket oven like that for my house.
       He has been sitting up for three hours. It really helps with congestion.
       For dinner he drank beef bullion, hot cocoa (we have decided he will have this when he is shivering) some beef and gravy with nasty peas mixed in (his bm will have an interesting color) and for dessert chocolate ice cream. 
      Grandpa K is listening to a Tale of Two Cities by Charlie Dickens, free audio book on iPodcasts ap. No this is not a commercial, just me bragging that I found one free audio book. My techno abilities are improving.
    Going to call it a night, am very tired.
     

1 comment:

Rob said...

Good job with the audio book! You probably know how to use Istuff better than I do now. :0)

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley