Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday

     Arrived this morning to see my husband covered in only a towel. Ahem. He was getting cleaned up. The nurse cleaning him is my age. I can take her. 
     So anyway, breakfast was really good this morning, a fried egg, a pastry, which was a small cinnamon roll, a fruit smoothie and a sliced sausage. Oh boy did he ooh and ahh over the sausage. They brought him another one and he had no problem downing it.
    Bruce said he wanted to pick his teeth, I said can you move your hand to your mouth and he did! He just doesn't have the small motor skills to do his teeth. So now he can slap himself in the face. Maybe he will be able to move a cheeseburger to his mouth and begin feeding himself. He is still pretty weak. The left hand comes up about half way.
      Met for a family council today, they said they are looking at moving us to an in care rehab on Nov 19th. We are opting for a place in Boise so we can be near Andrew to help keep him outta trouble. The two choices are St. Als and St. Luke's. I will go visit them next week. As long as the insurance covers it, then it will be cleared.
    Grandpa K mentioned to the council team that I would be leaving today to go home to help Andrew get sorted for the next little while. So they set Bruce up with controls for the TV, we like the history channel and pbs, couldn't find a soccer channel. He can squeeze with his right hand by using his thumb and hand. And they found a wedge for him to prop up his ipad so he can listen to his audio books, he will need help getting to the right place, but at least he can listen to the story at night when I am gone or watch something halfway entertaining. He has had a lot of time to think, some would say too much time.
    This is the iPad set up. The blue touch pad on the right is very sensitive.
     The cleaning lady is from Bosnia. I pulled a map up and she showed me where. She has three daughters and two grandchildren. We typed in Tuzla and found it. She has a garden too with tomatoes and carrots and another vegetable I didn't understand what she said but nodded my head anyway. I look wise and knowing when I do that. Maybe 
     President Chadwick came all the way to see Bruce, he wants to report at Stake conf on Sunday how he is. (Stake conf is all the wards meeting, we have 13 in La Grande Stake. Wards are individual congregations, about 200 that attend. Bruce is first counselor in the Stake. Just FYI so you know some Mormon lingo. I don't think it qualifies as a second language. I learned some Catholic lingo when I was at St. Als.) They had a nice chat. Bruce is worried he is causing too much work for them. They do a lot of interviewing and traveling. Pres. Chadwick is a dear friend and we have grown to love him and respect his counsel. 
     Bro R. Chandler stopped in for a visit. He said he had finished a temple session and wanted to stop by. 
     I left Bruce to eat a quick lunch. When I left Aylisse the PT gal was giving him an arm workout. They will put him on the standing board again today. She said the chair was being used for a dialysis, didn't know they did that here too. I saw two more gurneys for transport too.
   I will be home with Andrew for a few days so will take a break from blogging.
Thank you for your prayers, cards, hugs and thoughts. It is very comforting to know people care so much. 
    This is the door to our room. I put some of the cards up from students and friends. The nurses say we get the most cards. I like that the nurses and aids knock on the door before they enter.

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley