Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday, Monday

     Took a wrong turn coming here this morning. I thought I would try a different route.
 Stupid traffic.
     For breakfast more purée tidbits, omelette, bacon (Bruce says to tell Andrew not to have his bacon puréed, nasty) and apple juice. He was nauseous again so didn't eat much. 
     I shaved him with the electric razor (only got two ouches this morning) wiped the boogers out of his eyes and brushed his pearly whites with toothpaste and suction. No I do not want to do this now let a alone for a living.
   He has a fever and can't breathe through his nose, they suctioned him, removed the trach cap and I put more heated blankets on him. He is getting Tylenol now. They will do cultures and a chest X-ray. We close the door to keep the room warmer.
     The Dr has ordered blood, mucus and urine samples (oh my) and antibiotics, they think he might have pneumonia. We will see the results soon.
     The insurance company called about Andrew's wreck. "What happened this week end?" they ask. I get to explain why Andrew is not living with us and how the wreck occurred. They explain to me that he is covered and any treatment the others involved will need is covered. I gave them Bishop Huntsman's phone number. Thank you dear Bishop.
     I went for a walk and had lunch, nice comfort food, Mac and cheese. 
     Seen on the walk today.
     Can you see the water fountain in the center of this pond? I think my grandchildren would like it. They would use it for a target and throw rocks at it...
    The fever has subsided and he is drinking some milk. He still whisper talks. 
       I fed him some yogurt and apple juice, he is worried about dehydration.
The speech therapist said he could move to the next step of food; Mac and cheese, oatmeal and tater salad, more comfort food. Boo rah!
      This place is a melting pot. There is a man in a wheelchair and his wife from Russia. She taps his head with the back of her hand when he does something she doesn't like, they are older like us. He was wearing a Bronco blankie, we told him we were ducks, quack, quack. She said their whole house is orange and blue. 
    There is a nurse from Nigeria, Bruce was telling her about our daughter going to Ghana to help. The nurse said 'Tell her I love her." 
     There are Hispanics here with the cutest children, I just want to hug them.
   We are listening to Mo Tab music, it is soothing.
They just brought in another gurney and took someone away on a gurney. 
     They gave him muscle relaxer and something to settle his stomach. 
   The OT lady is here. He can do hand circles with his left hand, better than last week. She said for every day flat in bed, it takes three days of recovery, because they lose so much muscle. 
    As for Andrew wrecking the truck, He is in a tie for second place with wrecking cars. His sister came in first when she wrecked the car the day she got her license. Dan wrecked another truck while working one summer, too fast a turn on gravel. Riding the bus is cruel and unusual punishment for a Sr, humility is hard to learn at his age. 
      Still haven't heard the results of the testing this morning. Hope to hear tomorrow.
I left him hot and feverish. They were going to give him Benadryl to help him sleep, no nightmare side effects. He said he hadn't slept in three days. He was watching a football game on mute.
     


     
      

1 comment:

Debbie said...

My Goodness Karen...when it rains it pours! We are sure praying for you and your family. Hang in there! I know...what other option do you have? I love you and admire you. Take Care!
Debbie Waite

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley