Saturday, January 3, 2015

Aquarium of Boise

   The door was closed this morning and I just walk in. One of the ladies attending my husband say, "Nursing", I reply, "wifing". I find my husband in the sling being put on the bed. They do it for privacy sake. I suppose I should knock too, I don't know the rules. It was a lady I had never seen before.  
    They also inform me I am not to take pictures of staff unless I ask their permission first. They don't want photos all over the Internet. I can understand that. She said they were working on a book with all the protocols in it. I know we are not supposed to take pictures of children from working in the school district unless you have parents permission. I should have asked first. I will have to go back and crop out personnel pictures. 
   Bruce had a rough night. He has had spasms and now muscle cramps. They did a urine test and took a blood sample in case he is low in something. He is sleeping now.        
    We will have to get up soon to get ready to go on our field trip to the aquarium. At 10 Chris is going to show us the brand, spanking new minivan. It is a Toyota, Sienna, 2014, charcoal grey, I get to drive it today. They send it to Indiana and they lower the chassis so a wheelchair can fit in it. Chris then fits it with a ramp and clamps. Bruce asked him to remove the shotgun seat so he could sit there and be able to talk to me or whoever is driving. They will show me how to direct Bruce on the ramp and how to clamp him down. 


     Whoa, we made it, what a new, exciting adventure we are having. I have knots in my stomach from driving. It wasn't that bad. Cindy went with us and directed me every step of the way. I can do this. 
    So we get Bruce loaded up in the shotgun position. I have to be careful for speed bumps and dips, it bounces Bruce too much. I am already scoping out where the handicap parking is. We took the back road to the Aquarium of Boise off Cole and Franklin. I got the Sr discount. 
    We both touched rays, the small sharks were too far below the water for us to reach. We are brave. TheBruce said the manarays felt slimy and I thought they felt like a like sponge. Bruce said they seemed to want to be petted. They came right up to the edge and we touched the fin. (like in Dory when the children touch the 'butt')




     
      They had one of those smash a penny machine, so I made a penny souvenir for 51 cents... We have a couple now from the places we have been.

     Cindy took us to the Boise Train Station with a nice view of the capital building. We drove some back roads to get me used to driving the van, by million dollar homes and through a park to see lots of geese. We went to Jalapeños for lunch and then by the church so just the two of us can go there tomorrow. I need chocolate. 
    I am not sure I like this adventure we are having. Bruce is still so weak. We wore him out and he is resting. Six to eight weeks is the normal stay for spinal cord injuries. There is nerve damage. We don't know how much he will recover. They are outfitting us for what he is able to do now. 
    Bruce took a three hour nap. He got up for dinner. He had chicken, a roll, salad and for dessert chocolate ice cream. I had some chocolate pudding with whipped cream for dessert. I ate it slow. 
    After dinner we worked on another 300 piece puzzle. Bruce helped. Our friend Pat sat with us. She said Bruce had a gift for doing puzzles. We left five pieces for our friend Sammy to put in tomorrow. Pat is still sitting on her alarm. She said sometimes you have to get the nurses attention, they took her to her room. 
      We returned to our room and called Andrew. The little darling was doing his homework. He said he checked the mail for us. He and his dad talked bb. Bruce told him he would be home in three weeks. He hung up and we read scriptures together. 

2 comments:

lindsy said...

Nice van!! You can do it. You can do it :)

The Huntsmans said...

Beautiful van! We showed Andrew, and he was impressed!

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley