Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Knee Wiggle

      Arrived in Boise late this afternoon to find Bruce relaxing in his power wheelchair with his feet propped up. He said he knew it was me from my heavy breathing. I did two flights of stairs. Am I skinny yet?
      We did some catching up and he showed me his knee moving. I didn't see anything. He said watch the blanket and I could see a small movement, his right knee twitching. So he seems to be getting movement in his lower extremities. Yeah good news, after four weeks of nothing. The Drs don't seem too excited about it but the nurses cheer and PT and OT get excited. We need cheerleaders.
     This is Bruce wiggle walking his fingers up the red tape. He says it is harder than it looks. It gets him to stretch his arm. 
     Bruce said he hadn't seen Bronco Ken around, we did some snooping and found out he was moved to the fifth floor, kidney trouble. Will have to look him up and ask his wife what is happening. I saw the ten year old boy on the first floor, his dad says he gets to go home day after tomorrow. We can see a lot of improvement in him. Bruce said he was throwing beanbags at him the other day. Bruce isn't strong enough to throw back, he didn't catch any anyway. Bruce has to be able to push down 100 pounds to be strong enough to do the transfers. He can push down 40 lbs with his right hand. He didn't tell me what his left hand can do.
      Heard one Brahmns lullaby, two helicopters and the nurses said they admitted two more spinal cord injuries. Incoming helicopters reminds me of MASH.
    Dinner was pork burritos with salsa, sugar snap peas and apple pie. I had a cold turkey, bacon, lettuce, maters and Swiss cheese Burrito on a whole wheat tortilla (am I healthy or what?) with the chicken tortilla soup.
     Returned to the room. Bruce skyped his brother for about an hour. His brother is in Berkley doing very important things with x-ray coherence, X-ray resonant (magnetic) scattering, Speckle phenomena. (he flicks paint on x rays?) and is the deputy director division for science. Which means brainiac. 
    I talked to my sister about mundane things, how dad is doing, which body parts Bruce is moving, our children that don't move and we basically we solved the problems of the world without X-rays or speckle paint. 
     The Rec Therapy lady, Cindy stopped by and put us on the schedule. We get to go on an outing that is not comfortable to us. Meaning church on Sunday is easy peasy so we have to go to the mall and use the elevator. I can do that, trouble is we only have two hours. Rushing it for me, Bruce is ready to leave in 10 min. Maybe we will do lunch too, I think I smell Cheesecake Factory. 
      We will get the mini van this weekend to go by ourselves. We will go to church on Sunday. Have to think of an outing for Saturday. It is our wedding anniversary. Probably will use our Olive Garden gift certificate that our friend sent us. Thanks you!
      
       
    

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley