Saturday, January 24, 2015

Slow Down Saturday

     What a slow lazy Saturday. 
    I was up at 7 am. The host family I stay with doesn't sleep in... We usually sleep in til 9 on Saturdays unless there are yard sales...
   I rearranged the tie down clamps on the mini van and entered the nearly deserted hospital. I want the clamps to be ready for our day trip today. Chris, the owner of Access Vans brought me the tie downs yesterday. I asked him how many vans he sells in a year and he said about 77. I asked him if they were all new and said he sold about 20 new vans last year.
      Bruce was just getting out of bed, he is going to be disappointed when it is only Duncan and I taking care of him instead of these young, skinny pretty girls. 
       Breakfast was quiche, with salsa, a peach smoothie and a fruit plate.
    We returned to the room for more quiet time.
     We got ready to leave about 10 am. We are going to Shop Co. We need to purchase a body pillow to tuck under Bruce three times a night when we turn him so he doesn't get bed sores. We found a sale! Yah! Half off body pillows and their covers. 
    We also checked out the sheets. We need 3  - 4 for turning, Bruce says they are called "draw sheets". The nurses advised us not to get the cheap ones 250 count, as they would tear in our hands when we use them to move Bruce on the bed. The only twin size sheets were the 250 count. I'll look at J C Penny's in La Grande on Monday. 
     We found a small box to put Bruce's various toy, I mean tools, for strengthening his frail arms. We bought 3 new DVDs, Galaxy Quest, Bridge over the River Kwai and Ghost busters to add to our collection of classic DVDs. Who ya gonna call?
    Four helicopters today. One Brahm's lullaby.

     We returned to the hospital and had lunch in the cafeteria. We both had the meat burritos. They were big and filling. 
     It was nap time for Bruce. He thinks he can go at his fast, hurry up usually pace and he just gets worn out. I can see his countenance sagging in weariness. 
    He took a two hour nap.  The nurse came in once and we decided she would wait another hour. I carried some of our things to the car so we won't have a lot to take with us on our final journal home in a week and a half. 
     Bishop Hipple and his wife from Enterprise stopped in for a chat. They are here every Friday. Bruce says they live in Meridian now. 
    Bruce was really tired so he went to bed at 8 o'clock tonight. I went to my host family and did some laundry for him.
     Tomorrow Bruce is getting up early so he can be ready for church. Russell M. Nelson, age 90 of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will be the speaker. He is an internationally renowned cardiothoracic surgeon. We will get to church early so we can get a parking space and a good seat. 
 
    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, one of my favorite apostles! That's fabulous, I hope you had a great meeting this morning. We will have an apostle an a seventy here on Feb. 17 to talk about couples - 3 stakes are coming, so I will be early, too! It sounds like a busy Saturday, but I know you are getting excited, as well as nervous, about how everything is going to work out. It will, though. I know, because the robot letters were readable on my first try!

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley