Friday, January 2, 2015

Pool Time

    Arrived early enough to give my husband a hair cut. Just took half an inch off. His hair sticks out everywhere, he has an Einstein look. Couldn't get to the nasty neck hairs, will have to try later.
     I left to do a temple session. It was open this time. I saw Joshua Fussleman there! He is Rosala's SIL. I like seeing people I know.
   Bruce was late getting a shower so breakfastwaited. In OT hand bicycle, bungee cords, and paraffin wax. They also put in an order for the bathroom chair.
    For a late breakfast he had blueberry crepes.
   Morning PT is ranging.
     Made it back in time for lunch with my one true love. Lunch was roast with taters and gravy, clam chowder, fruit plate and a sugar cookie. He shared the cookie with me. 
     After lunch was more PT, am I boring you? Lifting weights and getting stronger.
     No OT, she did her routine in the morning. 
     Seen in the out patient rehab parking lot. 
     Rec. time was pool time! He floats and does ranging. He stood up twice! He hasn't done that since Oct. He didn't get nauseous either. Yea! They put weight on his ankles and a float noodle under his knees and neck. There is also a black flotation neck pillow that helps to keep him afloat. 

      Now he is chilled. It is cold outside to drive two blocks to the pool. It takes a long time for him to get warmed up. 
   We got him up for dinner. He had two slices of cheese pizza. Our friend Ken wheeled over to talk football with him. We introduced him to the other Ken's wife, Brenda. She likes to talk as much as I do. I like her!
    Back to the room to try and get the chills to stop. He is in bed. He makes a cocoon to keep the heat in. He has two heated blankets on him. In half an hour he will call to be turned. 
      Mason, a handsome young man that looks likes he is outta high school, clipped Bruce's call button to his shirt and the skin underneath. "Ouch", Bruce says. Mason repins it and says, "Looks like you have some sensation there. That is good." Bruce and I both broke up laughing. Good come back, Mason.
     We put a water heating shoulder pad on his arm and that helps warm him up.
    I leave early as Bruce is already snoring.

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley