Saturday, January 31, 2015

Night Schedule

    About last night here is the schedule:
Bruce down at 9pm, 
meds at 10pm, me down at 10:30
Turning at midnight, 
more turning at 3pm, 
catheter came off, clean it up 2am, 
6:30am is suppository only Bruce wanted it at 7 am because of shift change they don't come in until 7:30 and he didn't want it in that long, so we got another 20 min of sleep at least he did. He falls asleep in less than 30 secs. 
      I slept pretty well, I was only awakened twice with Bruce's snoring, or very loud voice clearing. 
     And I don't even want to talk about the bowel care and please don't ask me later. Talk to a nurse. We did try out the new shower chair and it went right over the toilet. I gave Bruce a nice haircut, I could finally get to the scraggly neck hair. He cleans up pretty nice. Showering is pretty slick with two people. It should go faster at home as Bruce will be our only patient. 
   I figure we can cook something the night before for breakfast. We will have to get into a routine.
    Breakfast here was a strata. I googled it, an egg casserole with sliced sausage, cubed ham, white cheese, and green onions cooked on a bed of cubed potatoes. It was good. Bruce had a small bowl of blueberries.
     We went back to our rooms and Bruce took a siesta. 
     At 10 am he was awake and recharged. We went to Deseret Book Store, Wal Mart where we found some white hand towels, a pill sorter box and some Ibuprofen for moi. We found Red Robin with one wrong turn, well maybe two. It was crowded and very noisy, but the food was great. I had a mushroom, Swiss hamburger and Bruce had a bacon cheeseburger, I think, I was concentrating on eating. 
    We returned to Cutis road and our room. Bruce had another fiesta. I lay down for a minute or two, maybe three. I woke Bruce up, he wanted to sleep some more. He did not want to leave his warm cozy cocoon he had made with his blankets. We got up to eat again. We both had the salmon and wild rice. How much food can one person eat? Good thing it is fast Sunday tomorrow. 
   I texted Duncan to see if they were staying outta trouble, I mean to see how the work on the house is going. He said the floor is done except for the baseboard, the tile is laid but needs grouting, the rails are up on the front ramp, the doors are here but not installed, so the work is progressing. Andrew was with his friends in Cove. 
     I didn't kiss Bruce goodnight, I have a sore throat and achy shoulders. Ibuprofen helps. 
    

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley