Sunday, January 4, 2015

Snowy Sunday

     When I entered the room, I knocked and said "wife". They were using the sling and getting him ready to put on the chair.
  For breakfast he has sausage, gravy and biscuits, 2 link sausages, 2 Apple juices, 1 small bowl of under ripe strawberries.
    
     We are sitting at a table with our friend Ken, not the Bronco Ken the stroke Ken. We had a pleasant conversation while they both ate breakfast. I am fasting. I tried not to drool on their food. Our church has a monthly fast and we make a generous monetary donation from the food for two meals not eaten to a welfare fund. Every time we feel hungry we pray for a need, a person or a cause. The boys would always get grumpy from not eating. It doesn't seem to effect me that way...
     Bruce is sleeping now. The spasms keep him awake at night. He had a really bad leg spasm on the bathroom chair this morning while showering and almost slid off. They gathered him up and brought him back to the room. He is a big person for one person to move. 
     Chris, the rec lady called. It is snowing. She is worried about us driving in the snow. She advised me to warm up the car before Bruce gets in, to have him tilt so he won't get bed sores, he was in the chair for four hours yesterday in the same position and to tilt his feet forward when he gets in the van for a tighter circle and to put a heated blanket behind his back and around his shoulders in the chair. She said sorry, she felt like we were her children going on our first drive. She said we would be fine. I am glad she cares for us so much. 
    We made it to church, ta dah! 15 min early no less. Bruce kept telling me which way to drive. I patiently explained I had gone over the route with Chris the day before. Bro. Robison met us in the parking lot and helped me get Bruce unloaded. A lot of people greeted us and welcomed us. Bruce bore his testimony about the atonement and its importance in our lives.
     I texted Chris back, "the eagle has landed." She texted we are becoming more independent. 
       Returned to our deluxe suite room #3430. Had a late lunch I can't remember what it was now, and Bruce headed for bed and a nap. He slept for two hours and OT came in to range his left arm, which is good since it hasn't been done since Friday, it was getting stiff. He went back to sleep. Woke up at 4:45 to get out of bed for dinner. Dinner was cheese manicotti, banana and apple pie. I had stuffed meatloaf, stir fry veggies and chocolate milk. 
     Returned to the room, talked to our son Rob for half an hour. Called sister Kathy and talked for an hour and a half. She is an enthusiast talker too.
   Ready for beddie bye. Goodnight Neverland.

1 comment:

The Huntsmans said...

So glad that your first solo flight was a success! You are incredible Karen!

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley