Monday, October 13, 2014

Bah Humbug Monday

     For the Elgin Opera House!


      Looks like they will give him a tracheotomy on Wednesday. They say that will help him breathe and get his lungs cleared and going. They mentioned Christopher Reeves who was on a respirator and said hopefully Bruce wouldn't need one. They said in surgery he was moving his feet, for now it would be up to "two years in a  wheelchair". They will also put a stomach tube in. Good, get that the awful stuff out of his mouth.

     He just rolled his eyes at the respiratory therapist, she makes him do the breathing suction and he doesn't like it.

       I saw two men without helmets riding their bikes.  I wanted to roll the window down and yell at them. Sure you are a safe rider, it is the drivers you need to look out for.
     
      I'm thinking in lieu of flowers maybe people could donate or purchase a bike helmet for the fire/ police department in your area in Bruce's name. And please admonish your children to wear a helmet. I sure would hate to see a child going through this ordeal. It is very tough on adults, I can't imagine the pain a child would suffer.
   
      PT is here, they are doing arm exercises with him. He has bicep and tricep muscles that work although very weak. Good at least his arms won't flop around. The PT guys use a ceiling lift with a sling to sit him up. They wrapped his legs, no girdle today! He sat up for two hours.
They showed me a foot press to do with him so his feet won't freeze in one position. 
They said they wanted me to do the exercises with him during the day too.

    He was terribly depressed today. One day more of the tube. His cough has to get stronger. I do not like to see him this way. 
     This is a teapot 'artsy fartsy' display. It is on the third floor, ICU, made by different artists all over the country. I want to sing the song when I see it. 
     

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hi there, this is Jean DeRoest. I live in Nampa now. You might remember me as I gave the history center some year books and you came to my house to get them. I have known Bruce for years as we worked together on children's issues at the schools. My heart breaks for him. I understand a lot of what he is feeling as I was paralyzed by polio.and at present one leg is still partly paralyzed. I would love to visit him when he is up to it and let you both know you have been in my prayers. If you need something or I can help. Let me know. Email is chargermomma@yahoo.com

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley