Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Reporting In

     Amber the nice nurse in ICU said Grandpa K got several hours of sleep, and had his respiratory treatment. She said when she talked to him he would turn his head towards her but wasn't fixing his eyes on her. She said he wasn't following commands, (does he ever?, another friend said that was a male thing, ahem) I asked about his bowel movements, she said he had two. A bowel movement is when you got to the bathroom. I thought that was good news that things are working on the inside. okay, I know you are asking to yourself, "Why would I ask about bowel movements?" when I sub in the structured learning center that is part of the daily report for some of the students in wheelchairs. a common topic in that room... and then I asked the nurse if he was wearing a diaper and she said no, the just have a bed protector cover (I'll find out the name when I get there tomorrow) that is easy to clean up.
 
   Last night my RS president brought Andrew and I some homemade raspberry cheese cake. I think there is cheesecake in heaven. ahh She thought the crust was too moist. It was delicious to me and very desirable.
 
     When talking to my friend, Rosala who had a husband in the ICU she counseled me to get some essential oil to rub on Bruce's legs and feet and said her husband's ears were very dry too. I found some oil at the local health food store. I got cinnamon and spearmint. She also said to get him some boxers to wear when he does rehab as all they wear are the hospital gowns and there is not much privacy.
      I espied some pink plaid boxers and a polka dot pair at the local Wal Marche, Bruce is not into pink or polka dots although the granddaughters might think them fun. So I opted for the Tartan plaids, as he has a wee bit of Irish and Scotch in him, me laddy boy.
      That's all from Lake Karen begone  (Grandpa Bob used to sign his letters after Prairie Home Companion,  Lake Wobegon became Lake Bob begone.)
   

2 comments:

ViperMerge said...

Karen, Are you in Boise?

lindzandrob said...

Hope everything goes well today. Are you driving to Boise this morning?

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley