Sunday, October 19, 2014

Ups and Downs

     Some friends dropped by a dozen crispy creme donuts last night. Sugar, sugar, sugar, I had one for lunch today and shared them with my host family.
     Got another care package from a friend with two fleece blankets in them, and some snacks. The note said when I need a hug to curl up in the blanket. I slept with it last night. 
     Went to sacrament meeting at 8:30 this morning. One of the speakers was a sister missionary. She said she was from Utah and had an awesome accent where she would sometimes repeat her words. She proceeded to tell the story of Ammon and the Kings sheep, where Ammon cuts off the arms of the robbers and the arms are gathered up and taken to the king. The king is amazed and Ammon gets to tell him the gospel of Christ. (My boys loved this story and acting it out) This sister was amazing telling the story with her stuttering accent. She was strong and could stand in front of a congregation of 250 and did not falter. That's faith, confidence and strength. You can read Ammon's story Alma 17: 20 - 39. Google it as I can't make a connection...

    The host family I am staying with has a  three year old son, he asked me if I could crack my nipples. I was kinda dumbfounded for a sec and then he said like this, and was showing me how to pop his knuckles. So no I can't pop my nipples, I don't like the sound it makes.... And I don't even want to try it.

      Bruce is sitting up, he had trouble breathing with the cpap this morning. He had too much moisture and it was making him gag. The nurse explained when he is turned it loosens things up and that causes the liquids to move around and because he can't cough it up it clogs the tubes which makes it harder to breathe. She came and pushed another tube that made him cough/gag and then it was easier on him. He finished his three hours. 
  They tried to have him swallow a small ice cube this morning and that didn't work. He choked on it. So no talking today.
      They are doing the paper work for the move tomorrow. Dr. Morgan said as soon as we get the go ahead he could be moved in a couple of hours. That fast, sure seems slow to me. Everything is in slow motion lately.
   His right leg is swollen which could be a sign of a blood clot, so they will do an MRI to see what is going on. 
       I can't stand watching him gag and grimace in pain. It breaks my heart.
     Jean Secl and her daughter Carrie stopped by for a visit with me. Jean recently lost her husband Dave to cancer and is adjusting to that. She agrees it is mind numbing.
      Lee Flower stopped in for a short visit. Bruce squeezed his hand. He is really tired and not very responsive today.
       
     For all the Donnas out there.

3 comments:

GeorgAnna said...

Karen, my last thing at night is to check your blog and see how your day went. Too slow on everything. But he will be glad to get a new location. counting the tiles on the ceiling gets old. May Heavenly Father watch over you both. Our love

lindsy said...

We keep praying for Grandpa every day! Love you!

Shanel said...

Bahaha!. Crack your nipples.

"Hang in there like a hair in a bisquit, " as my friend would say... I never really found that comforting, but it's usually good for a chuckle; which I guess is comforting. :)

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley