Friday, October 17, 2014

Two Weeks Already?

       Forgot to mention Boyd Rasmussen stopped by yesterday. (need more sleep) Bruce was asleep so he didn't get to talk to him, just me and some would say I talked enough for both of us. 
 
      Thank you Aunt Kathy for the knitted shawl, it will be nice in the freezing ICU. It arrived in the nick of time just as I was compl... ah lamenting how cold it was.

      Today he is still trying to learn how to breathe, swallow and sleep with the trach. He is in pain and grimaces a lot. No voice therapy until the vocal chords heal, so I would hold off on visits until he can talk, the nurses say 2-3 days.

      He did blow me a kiss.

     Pres. Chadwick and Lisa his wife and Pres. Dave Richards stopped by for a visit. 
Got a nice hug from Lisa. And more talking. 
    This a picture of the helicopter only it is behind the stu tree... Okay, so play I spy.

      My son Rob and his family are here. Rob visited with his dad while Lindsey and the children and I went to see the fish in the library, the nurse doll in the display case and walk the walk outside. They liked looking for the red trinity sign and stomping on it. We saw a helicopter land and take off. We went to the waiting room and the children played there awhile. Rob came out and joined us for lunch at the hospital cafeteria. The children had pizza. The children like Grandpa K's hospital. Baby Riley filled a diaper to overflowing... We saved it for Rob to change, tee hee. We bad.
     
     Grandpa K is sitting up now. They have jerry rigged a suction tube so he can suction out his mouth by himself by moving his head.
   
  He is still in a lot of pain and couldn't do the breathing by himself. They said they would try later on today. He is tired and worn out. I haven't showed him the poem or the video, he just doesn't have the concentration yet.
   Why am I only thinking it has only been 11 days? It has been two weeks. I suppose I was only counting the time on the ventilator. 
     Throwing coins in the water fountain.

     

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley